No announcement yet.

Charley Burley Or Thomas Hearns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charley Burley Or Thomas Hearns?

Who do you feel was the greater fighter and give reason for your pick.

Originally posted by The Underdog View Post
    Hearns. Way too many accomplishments, punching power, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by The Underdog View Post
      Burley. Too many good/great wins and no devastating knockout losses.

Comparisons are unfair to Hearns...

Hearns's biggest name win was against an older smaller Duran.
      Burley's was against the naturally bigger, 28 years old Archie Moore.

Burley lost every fight in a series to Ezzard Charles.
      Hearns lost every fight in a series to Iran Barkley.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
        Burley. Too many good/great wins and no devastating knockout losses.

Comparisons are unfair to Hearns...

Hearns's biggest name win was against an older smaller Duran.
        Burley's was against the naturally bigger, 28 years old Archie Moore.

Burley lost every fight in a series to Ezzard Charles.
        Hearns lost every fight in a series to Iran Barkley.
        Hearns was a 6 weight world champion beating a whole heap of great fighters.. Burley`s claim to fame is that Eddie Futch said he was the best fighter he had ever seen.. well Naseem Hamed is the best ive ever seen does that make him better than Thomas Hearns

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          Hearns was a 6 weight world champion beating a whole heap of great fighters.. Burley`s claim to fame is that Eddie Futch said he was the best fighter he had ever seen.. well Naseem Hamed is the best ive ever seen does that make him better than Thomas Hearns
          Hmm... is there anything in my post about Eddie Futch?

Comment

Hmm... is there anything in my post about Eddie Futch?
            nothing in your post about Eddie Futch, your post is asking who was the greater fighter of which i answered Hearns was the greater fighter due to his incredible achievements i also pointed out that Burley`s achievements are very limited compaired to those of Hearns.. Eddie Futch claimed in the 1990s that Burley was the best fighter he had ever seen which does not make him a greater fighter than Hearns, Emmanuel Stewart said Thomas Hearns was the greatest fighter he ever trained..."you never mentioned Manny Stewart either"

Comment

nothing in your post about Eddie Futch, your post is asking who was the greater fighter of which i answered Hearns was the greater fighter due to his incredible achievements i also pointed out that Burley`s achievements are very limited compaired to those of Hearns.. Eddie Futch claimed in the 1990s that Burley was the best fighter he had ever seen which does not make him a greater fighter than Hearns, Emmanuel Stewart said Thomas Hearns was the greatest fighter he ever trained..."you never mentioned Manny Stewart either"
              I would not call alphabet straps achievements.

I look at who you beat, how and when. By those standards, Burley is the greater fighter. You wanna count straps? go ahead...

Comment

Futch seems to think Burley was a better fighter than Hearns, since he sure saw Hearns fight. Manny never trained Burley, so... what's your point?

Comment

Futch seems to think Burley was a better fighter than Hearns, since he sure saw Hearns fight. Manny never trained Burley, so... what's your point?
                  there is film footage available of both fighters, IMO Hearns would KO Burley within 4rds

Comment

there is film footage available of both fighters, IMO Hearns would KO Burley within 4rds
                    You mean, like he knocked out Iran Barkley?

Comment

Working...
                    X