Collapse
No announcement yet.

Answer me this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lost you at the part where Frazier "arguably beat Ali 3 times".

Originally posted by Squabbles94806 View Post
    but i personally think that if the Thrilla in Manila went the distance it would have been a draw. ALI and Frazier would have fought to the death.

You personally think wrong,lad.

referee: Carlos Padilla 66-60 | judge: Larry Nadayag 66-62 | judge: Alfredo Quiazon 67-62

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...0180&cat=boxer
    Last edited by donkim; 01-11-2010, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
      frazier didn't have t-rex arms and actually bobbed and countered
      frazier a counter puncher?...... NOT

Comment

Originally posted by Mordecai View Post
        Why do a lot of people say Muhammad Ali would completely outclass Rocky Marciano? When Joe Frazier arguably beat Ali 3 times?

Surely Rocky would of been FAR too much for Ali, as he had two eyes and more than 1 punch.
        Rocky owning Ali. I don't think so. Rocky giving Ali a hard time. Hell yes. I think of Rocky as a Frazier type fighter with a better punch but because of his crouching style he wasn't as agile.

His crouching style was surprisingly effective and he would have tagged Ali as Frazier tagged him. Still Ali had a terrific chin and had the will to win.

Rocky would have been a touch match-up for Ali. But he would have been tailor made for Foreman and Tyson.

Comment

Frazier never really got prime Ali either. Prime Ali dances around a game Marciano for 15 rounds, the athletic advantage is too much, and Ali's chin could handle whatever Marciano landed.

Comment

I mean no disrespect by this but Marciano was very limited skill wise. He did however make up for it with determination, power, stamina and heart. He was quite a bit smaller than the heavyweights from Ali's and Frazier's era. Ali had amazing stamina and an great chin. He would control Marciano all night in my opinion.

Where did you get " Frazier "arguably beat Ali 3 times "

Comment

Working...
            X