No announcement yet.

joe frazier vs mike tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dangerousity
    let's face it joe frazier has never fought a boxer who's as fast and accurate as mike tyson, there is a high possibility that he would be overwhelmed in the early rounds. But even if mike didn't beat him in the early rounds he could easily go the dsitance, if fact when he was in his prime he actually enjoyed it.
    Both fighters fought tough opponents but mike has the better record, he beat
    Andrew Golota, Tony tucker, larry holmes, michael spinks,Pinklon Thomas, frank bruno twice, Donavon (Razor) Ruddock twice, and destroyed his son Marvis Frazier.

Joe frazier beat,
    Jerry quarry twice, muhammad ali, jerry quarry, bob foster.
    Oh yeah, and jimmy ellis.

Joe frazier has a bigger heart but imo has little chance of beating a focused prime tyson.
    No way in hell does Tyson have a chance of going the distance against Joe Frazier! His only chance would be to take Frazier out early, and this could possibly happen. How ever, my money would be on Frazier. Frazier was relentless and had a good punch. Tyson, with his lacking heart, would be in for some good old whuppinŽ.

You point out that Tyson "enjoyed" going the distance? This is something Tyson once said in a postfight interview, I think it was after facing Green.... Well, going 12-15 against Joe Frazier would be something completely different.

Frazier takes out Tyson.

Comment

TYSON!!!!
      becasue i like him

Comment

Originally posted by dangerousity
        let's face it joe frazier has never fought a boxer who's as fast and accurate as mike tyson, there is a high possibility that he would be overwhelmed in the early rounds. But even if mike didn't beat him in the early rounds he could easily go the dsitance, if fact when he was in his prime he actually enjoyed it.
        Both fighters fought tough opponents but mike has the better record, he beat
        Andrew Golota, Tony tucker, larry holmes, michael spinks,Pinklon Thomas, frank bruno twice, Donavon (Razor) Ruddock twice, and destroyed his son Marvis Frazier.

Joe frazier beat,
        Jerry quarry twice, muhammad ali, jerry quarry, bob foster.
        Oh yeah, and jimmy ellis.

Joe frazier has a bigger heart but imo has little chance of beating a focused prime tyson.
        Are you seriously telling me that Frazier's victories over Quarry and Ali are not as good as Tyson's victories over Bruno, Ruddock and the rest of the losers on his record?! I know that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I respect that, but what you're saying is so wrought with ignorance of Frazier's competition it's just plain scary. I can assure you that Ali, Quarry, Foster, Bonavena, Mathis and Ellis would murder any of the tomato cans on Tyson's record. I'd bet anything on that. Also, who has the better record if only TWO hall of fame boxers can claim victory over Frazier while Tyson was KOd by two journeymen, one mediocre heavyweight and only one true great? I totally disagree with you on this one.

Comment

That's the great thing about boxing, without it boxing disscusins would be boring.

Comment

what do u mean by one true great? Lennox lewis and evander holyfield are both great heavyweight champions.
            Jimmy ellis and the overweight buster mathis could not have defeated tyson's opposition, no way! Tyson's opposition were bigger, stronger and harder puncher than the likes of jimmy ellis and buster mathis.
            Jerry quarry looked like your typical bum when he fought ali, it was a total mismatch.

Comment

That's the great thing about boxing, without it boxing disscusins would be boring.
              True. As long as there's no name calling and childish crap.

what do u mean by one true great? Lennox lewis and evander holyfield are both great heavyweight champions.
              No, Lennox Lewis has the makings of a great champion, but I don't give him a chance in hell against a prime Tyson. Add to the fact that he turned in lackluster performances against Tua, Rahman and McCall, (three very average fighters) while in his PRIME and there went his "all-time great" ranking, in my opinion.

Jerry quarry looked like your typical bum when he fought ali, it was a total mismatch.
              It was a total mismatch because Ali was so much better. You don't need me to tell you that Quarry, on his best day would give Bruno, Tubbs or Douglas a sound fist beating. Tyson defeated a good majority of his opponents mainly because they were so much worse.

Tyson's opposition were bigger, stronger and harder puncher than the likes of jimmy ellis and buster mathis.
              This is your opinion, but I really don't think you have a clear enough picture of Frazier's entire career or his opponents. You fail to mention that Frazier fought and defeated every opponent that he was supposed to. He never lost to Ron Stander, Jimmy Ellis or Buster Mathis. That's more than I can say for Tyson. Remember, it took Ali and Foreman to defeat Frazier in his prime. Tyson got his title stripped by Douglas and was KOd by Holyfield, who's not a big puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by The_One77
                joe frazier also lacked chin, but both were very good body punchers.
                i'd go with tyson in the body punching area

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Funniest post I've seen all day.

Comment

Double KO. Both by a leaping left hook

Comment

JOE has the edge...

I mean both have the punching power, but I think Joe has a little more stamina... you saw how Tyson got exposed by Bustaa...

I think Frazier would knock him out in the later rounds soon after tyson's side to side movements end.

Comment

Fraizer Hit Harder But Tyson Was Faster And Hit With Both Hands

Comment

Working...
                      X