No announcement yet.

Prime 4 prime who would win Lennox Lewis vs Tyson/Holy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJC View Post
    Problem is Sonny is that you will over promote triangle theories when it suits and ignore them when it doesn't.
    Also you take inexplicable one off against the odds wins as a testimony that a fighter was a great. A classic case being Douglas, he fought one of the all time great fights against Tyson but the fight against Tucker was terrible and did neither of them much credit.
    Yes Tubbs and Thomas had talent, they wasted it.
    GJC.. you could not be further from the truth, its you who uses `triangle theories`... eg: Ali v Holmes

if you are claiming that Buster Douglas was a `one-fight-wonder` then i am quite surprised at you because you obviously have not seen many Buster Douglas fights.. Douglas gave a performance sinilar or maybe better than he did against Tyson on several occasions, most notibly against, Oliver McCall, Trevor Berbick, Jesse Ferguson, Mike Williams & Greg Page.. where he looked world class

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      Holmes & Foreman in their 40s was both good enough to be contenders and win versions of the heavyweight title.. Holmes WBO.. Foreman undisputed.
      So in answer to the question were these two 40 something yo men past their best?
      p.s. Foreman wasn't undisputed unless you are disputing it because of Lewis?

Comment

Sonny how many times have we done this? If you wish to trawl through some of my old posts which contained detailed answers to you on these points and re hash the same arguments be my guest. Unlike you I do not have them on file to cut and paste into every forum that does or doesn't feature Lewis.
        Also there is little point to replying because you never read the reply, e.g. show me where I said the Tyson win was a great win for Lewis? Easy enough if you care to read my postsin this forum to see where I said the opposite though?
        GJC i always read your posts... i also never cut & paste past arguments... hey`who is arguing?

are you saying i should not comment on threads which mention Lennox Lewis? or should i only comment if i change my tune to suit you?

IMO it is you who always jumps to defend Lewis and try your best to squash what i claim with as you say `triangle theories`which are never relevent to Lewis or his career.

Comment

So in answer to the question were these two 40 something yo men past their best?
          p.s. Foreman wasn't undisputed unless you are disputing it because of Lewis?
          Foreman was THEE Heavyweight Champion of the World - being the man who beat the man ... nothing to do with Lewis as you claim... Lewis for the 2nd time in his career refused to accept terms for a title fight so fought for a belt that the champion had been stripped of.. Bowe 92 ... Tyson 96

Comment

Going rounds dont mean jack. Lewis would of obliterated Dokes yet look at the fight he gave Holyfield.

Look at the fight Stewart gave Holyfield, look at the fight Stewart gave Tyson.

Look at the fight Williams gave Holmes, look at the fight Williams gave Tyson.

Look at the fight Cooper gave Holyfield, look at the fight Cooper gave Bowe.

Look at the fight Biggs gave Bowe, look at the fight he gave Lewis.

Look at the fight Ruddock gave Tyson, look at the fight Ruddock gave Lewis,.

Look at the fight Golota gave Bowe, look at the fight Golota gave Lewis.

You could go on all day long it just comes down to styles. Holy was in drawn out fights because he lacked power, Tyson finished fights early, Lewis was a safety first defensive counter puncher.

Comment

Working...
            X