No announcement yet.

Felix Trinidad Anybody?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JFB629 View Post
    At his best Trinidad was a attacking boxer puncher, with heavy hands especailly left hook, argubaly one of the hardest single punchers in history.

Trinidad's left hook was the most feared punch since Thomas Hearns's right cross at 147. Tito threw the hook with bad intentions and perfect levrage, if it landed cleanly, the end was near.

Trinidad was always dangerous, particularly after being knockedown in his prime. And was one of the best finishers in the game when he had you hurt.

Trinidads record at 147 was 36-0 with 30 KO's. He made 15 defences of his IBF 147 Title and unifed the division. He became the first man to clealry beat Pernell Whiatker and gave the unbeaten Oscar De La Hoya his first loss.

He then moved up to 154 and took the unbeaten scalps of World Champions David Reid and Fernando Vargas in devastating fashion. Before moving up and destroying WBA Middleweight Champion William Joppy in 5 devastating rounds.

Going into his fight with Bernard Hopkins, Trinidads record stood at 40-0, and he was already a three weight world champion.

Trinidads Resume Of Wins
    -Alberto de las Mercedes Cortes
    -Maurice Blocker
    -Hector Camacho
    -Luis Ramon Campas (56-0)
    -Oba Carr (32-0)
    -Larry Barnes (39-1)
    -Pernell Whitaker
    -Oscar De La Hoya (31-0)
    -David Reid (14-0)
    -Fernando Vargas (20-0)
    -William Joppy (32-1-1)
    -Hacine Cherifi
    -Ricardo Mayorga

Some people like to remember Trinidad for his recent form, were he suffered one sided defeats to Winky Wright and Roy Jones Jr. But at his best Trinidad was a forced to be reckoned with and his accomplishments speak for themselves.
    green k bro !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JFB629 View Post
      At his best Trinidad was a attacking boxer puncher, with heavy hands especailly left hook, argubaly one of the hardest single punchers in history.

Trinidad's left hook was the most feared punch since Thomas Hearns's right cross at 147. Tito threw the hook with bad intentions and perfect levrage, if it landed cleanly, the end was near.

Trinidad was always dangerous, particularly after being knockedown in his prime. And was one of the best finishers in the game when he had you hurt.

Trinidads record at 147 was 36-0 with 30 KO's. He made 15 defences of his IBF 147 Title and unifed the division. He became the first man to clealry beat Pernell Whiatker and gave the unbeaten Oscar De La Hoya his first loss.

He then moved up to 154 and took the unbeaten scalps of World Champions David Reid and Fernando Vargas in devastating fashion. Before moving up and destroying WBA Middleweight Champion William Joppy in 5 devastating rounds.

Going into his fight with Bernard Hopkins, Trinidads record stood at 40-0, and he was already a three weight world champion.

Trinidads Resume Of Wins
      -Alberto de las Mercedes Cortes
      -Maurice Blocker
      -Hector Camacho
      -Luis Ramon Campas (56-0)
      -Oba Carr (32-0)
      -Larry Barnes (39-1)
      -Pernell Whitaker
      -Oscar De La Hoya (31-0)
      -David Reid (14-0)
      -Fernando Vargas (20-0)
      -William Joppy (32-1-1)
      -Hacine Cherifi
      -Ricardo Mayorga

Some people like to remember Trinidad for his recent form, were he suffered one sided defeats to Winky Wright and Roy Jones Jr. But at his best Trinidad was a forced to be reckoned with and his accomplishments speak for themselves.

The guy was a beast, no question about it.

He tore through some people like they were not even there, he went up against slicksters/Boxers like Oba Carr, Whitaker, Camacho, Reid and still won. I dont think he gets enough credit for adapting in fights either. In the Whitaker fight there was point where Whitaker would bend at the knees and try and slide underneath Tito and he would get away with that with majority of fighters, but Tito clicked onto it and started bringing the uppercut into play.

I do think going up in weight too much meant he could not impose himself as much on the bigger men, although he destroyed Reid, Vargas (154) and Joppy at 160 i cant help but think that a 147lbs Winky Wright would not have beaten him because Tito would of overwhelmed him and been much stronger than him, however having said that i know Winky & Hopkins beat him with technical ability and took advantage of something he did quite regular which was edge his left foot closer and closer to uncork that left hook, both these opponents cottoned onto this and they just needed something to break that rhythm up, Hopkins did it with lateral movement and right hands. Winky did it with a jab.

That said, even if Hopkins and Wink knew how to shut Tito down it still would of been a huge task for them at 147 because of the amount of extra power and size he had at the weight, he overcame good Boxers in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
        who did he really beat,besides a close decision against oscar that could of went either way,you say your styles are similar,who are you i have never heard of you before,
        Do you even watch boxing?
        What kind of question is that?

Comment

One of the best welterweights of his era, and one of the best lightmiddle's i have ever seen!

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
            True that, IMO if he'd have retired before the Hopkins fight, he'd have more stuff to brag about than Lil Floyd( talking about the undefeated record).
            I wonder where the 40-0 would have ranked him in the ATG rankings.
            good point i wonder if he would have retired at that point or fought a couple of lws or jr wws and destroyed them where would he be looked upon in the all time greats discusion he was dominate up to that point and at ww and jr mddle looked to be nearly unbeatable

Comment

Working...
            X