Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Foreman a physical freak of nature

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice post on foreman.Thank's a lot.

Comment

foreman was trained to box,at one point by the old mongoose,foreman could swarm with sluggers power he should of never boxed just condition running and swarm he never would of lost a fight

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16
        Good post, although I don't think Foreman just threw arm punches. He used his lower body and torso to generate power just like any other great puncher.

Exactly. He got great leverage on his hooks and uppercuts. In fact he sometimes put TOO much of his body into his hooks and he left himself too open afterwards. And to say he had next to little boxing skill is ridiculous. He had good footmovement, knew how to cut corners, knew how to throw a great jab that he put his whole shoulder behind (although he did basicaly abandon this for the Ali fight to his downfall). Lennox Lewis outjab George Foreman? That´s laughable at best. You saw how Ray Mercer and Bruno outjabbed Lewis . . Foreman would be his nightmare . .

Comment

George Forman is a good man but for boxing is old

Comment

Foreman had deceptive technical skill. Or rather his natural punching ability was a skill. I am talking about his innate ability to maximize torque in his punches with full shoulder/upper body rotation. This combined with his enormous amount of fast twitch muscle fibers made him devastating..

p.s. Foreman would have taken out Lewis ..early KO.

Comment

Yes, I also think Lewis glass jaw wouldve been exposed by Foreman

Comment

As a respons to the big item on Foreman; how can you say that he only got hurt by Lyle in his first career and was never really hurt in his second?! Have you ever seen his fight against Steward? I thought he was going to die in that ring, he looked like a blown up budha. I really love George nevertheless!

Comment

Foreman, in his prime, was really good at cutting off the ring from mobile fighters. Ali was the most fleet footed of heavies and he opted to do the rope-a-dope. Foreman's long legs made the ring too small even for Ali.

Great essay.

Comment

Foreman was very slow compared to todays boxers. He had tremendous power but poor hand speed. A smart fighter with good boxing skills would pick him apart. However, all he had to land was one punch and it was good night sweetheart. Lewis on his best day could beat Foreman by decision. Foreman never fought anyone with the size and reach of Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooks
                      Foreman was very slow compared to todays boxers. He had tremendous power but poor hand speed. A smart fighter with good boxing skills would pick him apart. However, all he had to land was one punch and it was good night sweetheart. Lewis on his best day could beat Foreman by decision. Foreman never fought anyone with the size and reach of Lewis.
                      Foreman was a great puncher, but he was always going to have problems with good boxers, and lennox lewis was a good boxer, but he would have beaten any slugger, no one could survive against foreman if they took the fight to him. but lennox lewis was always a smart fighter who took no risks and thats why i would favor him

Comment

Working...
                      X