Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Ray Leonard still outside the top 10 ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Ray Leonard still outside the top 10 ever?

Despite his amazing run during the 80s beating fellow ATGs Hearns, Hagler, Duran, & Benitez in their head to head confros & capturing titles in multiple weights (oh yeah an olympic gold medal to boot) why he is still outside the top 10 of any credible rankings of boxing greats? i.e. IBRO, THE RING or even ESPN?

Whats keeping him from the top 10?

I'm assuming you mean p4p? Most consider him a top-5 Welterweight as it is. His relatively short prime (because of the detached retina) probably hurts him in the p4p rankings more than anything else.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
      I'm assuming you mean p4p? Most consider him a top-5 Welterweight as it is. His relatively short prime (because of the detached retina) probably hurts him in the p4p rankings more than anything else.

Poet
      Concise account.. I'd say they're the only reasons to..

Comment

Originally posted by klipsch speaker View Post
        Despite his amazing run during the 80s beating fellow ATGs Hearns, Hagler, Duran, & Benitez in their head to head confros & capturing titles in multiple weights (oh yeah an olympic gold medal to boot) why he is still outside the top 10 of any credible rankings of boxing greats? i.e. IBRO, THE RING or even ESPN?

Many experts (including Bert Sugar and Bill gallo) list him in their all time top 10

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
          Concise account.. I'd say they're the only reasons to..
          Ray Leonard may be a class A prick (which he is) but his quality as a fighter is pretty damn obvious (at least to me). I don't like the dude but there's no denying he's one of the best fighters I've ever seen.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by klipsch speaker View Post

Many experts (including Bert Sugar and Bill gallo) list him in their all time top 10

Comment

Ray Leonard may be a class A prick (which he is) but his quality as a fighter is pretty damn obvious (at least to me). I don't like the dude but there's no denying he's one of the best fighters I've ever seen.

Poet
              I've heard he's not widely liked in boxing.. Why do you think this is?

Comment

I've heard he's not widely liked in boxing.. Why do you think this is?
                Arrogant, treated people like ****e. His repeated retirements and comebacks turned a lot of people off as well.

Poet

Comment

Arrogant, treated people like ****e. His repeated retirements and comebacks turned a lot of people off as well.

Poet
                  Dosn't surprise me.. I know Hearns hates him with a passion..

Comment

Dosn't surprise me.. I know Hearns hates him with a passion..
                    Yeah, Leonard wasn't exactly what you'd call a "classy" dude.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                    X