Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your thoughts on prince charles Williams?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your thoughts on prince charles Williams?

Thoughts???

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
    Thoughts???
    Very good fighter. Not great, but one of the best lightheavies in his era. Had a pretty long reign as IBF champ too. Almost 6 years and 8 defences. Lost to one of the best technicians of the division, Henry Maske.

I still don't understand why he transformed himself from a skilled and fast boxer to a dull brawler by the time he faced Toney...

Comment

the brawling style hastened the end of his career.....it did him in in those 2 jaw dropping brutal bouts he had with merqui sosa.....very few fights that ive watched made me shake my head sadly like i did watching their first fight which was rightfully called off...the second fight i honestly though death was going to occur especially merqui's wild 4 punch final combination that got him the stoppage and had prince charles carried out on a stretcher

Comment

Originally posted by patscorpio View Post
        the brawling style hastened the end of his career.....it did him in in those 2 jaw dropping brutal bouts he had with merqui sosa.....very few fights that ive watched made me shake my head sadly like i did watching their first fight which was rightfully called off...the second fight i honestly though death was going to occur especially merqui's wild 4 punch final combination that got him the stoppage and had prince charles carried out on a stretcher
        Agreed.. I enjoyed the Czyz fight though, could have gone either way..
        Williams showed a lot of heart in that one..

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
          Agreed.. I enjoyed the Czyz fight though, could have gone either way..
          Williams showed a lot of heart in that one..
          It was his best performance, very gutsy. Being knocked down twice, especially that first kd was brutal. Bobby knew how to throw them. Williams was still the boxer back then. But he had power too. He was slick, fast and had a great jab. I wonder what happened and made him turn into a brawler...

Comment

Williams had that weird floppy upper body thing happen to him when he got hurt, a la Pipino Cuevas being knocked out by Hearns. Like the disconnect was from the waist up instead of the normal waist down. He was in some great fights, and should be remembered for them. I also thought he fought well against James Toney for the first several rounds.

Comment

very good fighter, i always enjoyed watching his fights on screensport

Comment

Working...
              X