Fights You Have To Watch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike McCallum-Michael Watson: how to beat the turtle shell

Comment

• Arnold Taylor vs Romeo Anaya - Anaya down once, Taylor down 4 times in the fight only to come back and knock Anaya out in the 14th, tremendous comeback in front of his hometown fans. Ring Magazine ranked the fight as the 15th greatest fight of all time and ranked it as the best bantamweight fight of the last 80 years in 2002.

Comment

• Surprised Toney-Nunn hasn't been mentioned yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silencers View Post
          Arnold Taylor vs Romeo Anaya - Anaya down once, Taylor down 4 times in the fight only to come back and knock Anaya out in the 14th, tremendous comeback in front of his hometown fans. Ring Magazine ranked the fight as the 15th greatest fight of all time and ranked it as the best bantamweight fight of the last 80 years in 2002.
          I have a HL of that fight and it really is pretty incredible too watch, wish I could find the full fight though.

Comment

• Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
            I have a HL of that fight and it really is pretty incredible too watch, wish I could find the full fight though.
            I know there's a copy of it out there somewhere, it's definitely a hard fight to find though.

Comment

• Denton Vassell vs Lee Purdy - Purdy started off well, winning the first 3 rounds, Vassell then started turning it on and going to the body, just when it looked like Vassell was taking over he gets hurt by Purdy. Very good fight, back and forth action, good ebb and flow, both fighters hurt at various times. Leading candidate so far for British FOTY 2010 I think.

Comment

• Paul Banke vs Ki-Jun Lee - The fight started at a fast pace with Lee coming forward and throwing leather a mile a minute while Banke picked his spots and landed the cleaner shots, Banke's right eye started closing in the early middle rounds and became completely closed as the fight wore on, Banke looked like he was battered and beaten while Lee seemed to take control behind his non stop punching but ultimately it was Lee's non stop punching that lost him the fight as he got very tired in the championship rounds and Banke was able to capitalize on it by knocking Lee down in the 11th and 12th before the referee stepped in and stopped the fight. Banke displayed a lot of heart and good skills that made him popular in the California fight scene and Lee showed incredible stamina until the last few rounds, showing his lack of experience in pacing himself, the guy wouldn't stop throwing punches. Lee's left eye was also almost completely closed by the time the fight was stopped.

Going into the last round 1 judge had Banke in front, 1 had it even and 1 had Lee in front.

Last edited by Silencers; 08-29-2010, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Paul Banke vs Ramiro Adames - Back and forth from the opening round. Adames down 3 times in the fight, Banke cut. Good old fashioned war at the Forum. Adames was a Panchito Bojado lookalike.
                  Last edited by Silencers; 04-29-2010, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
                    Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                    I know there's a copy of it out there somewhere, it's definitely a hard fight to find though.
                    It's very hard to find. I hadn't seen it and so after your first post about it Silencers, I went looking everywhere and couldn't find it.

If anyone has this fight, put it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      It's very hard to find. I hadn't seen it and so after your first post about it Silencers, I went looking everywhere and couldn't find it.

If anyone has this fight, put it up!
                      I second this, I haven't seen this fight in years, I'd really like to see it again.

Comment

Working...
                      X