Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fights You Have To Watch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Manuel Marquez-Julian 'The Dealer' Wheeler- A young Marquez takes on the quick, slick Wheeler, very close fight, Marquez shows good balance, combination punching, power and aggression in this fight and it all meshes well with Wheeler's style. Marquez has him rocked more than once in the fight, Marquez down late in the fight off of a right hand but it was ruled a slip and the stoppage was pretty bad, Wheeler was standing and moving with only ten or so seconds left on the clock. Wheeler showed some nice skills in this fight, confusing Marquez with his boxing and movement and this really was the blue print fight for how to beat Marquez because Marquez looked lost at times when Wheeler was on his toes and moving.

Excellent little ten-round fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
      I remember (I might of started it actually) a thread a few months back about overrated fights and someone said that they thought Benn-McClellan was overrated and that thought the punches throught the whole fight were really awkward. Soon afterwards I went back and watched and he was right, I'd just never noticed. The guy basically tainted my view on one of my favorite fights. Either was Benn's fights with Eubank (the first one) and Watson are still great. There is a guy on another forum I post on that says the second Benn-Eubank fight was better than the first one, but from everything I heard it wasn't that great fight. I haven't actually seen it yet so I can'y say, maybe you could give me your opinion on it.
      I don't think it was as good as the first one, it was a more technical, tactical fight from both guys. Benn used his new found boxing skills to be very effective in the fight. Most people, including myself, thought Benn won the fight but it ended up being a draw.

The crowd was great for the rematch though, as it was for the first fight, and the anticipation might have been even higher than it was for the first one because of how good the first one was and because of what they both went on to achieve before fighting again.

Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
      Juan Manuel Marquez-Julian 'The Dealer' Wheeler- A young Marquez takes on the quick, slick Wheeler, very close fight, Marquez shows good balance, combination punching, power and aggression in this fight and it all meshes well with Wheeler's style. Marquez has him rocked more than once in the fight, Marquez down late in the fight off of a right hand but it was ruled a slip and the stoppage was pretty bad, Wheeler was standing and moving with only ten or so seconds left on the clock. Wheeler showed some nice skills in this fight, confusing Marquez with his boxing and movement and this really was the blue print fight for how to beat Marquez because Marquez looked lost at times when Wheeler was on his toes and moving.

Excellent little ten-round fight.
      I always thought the stoppage in the last round was a little quick, I thought Wheeler was just getting his legs back under him when the referee stopped the fight. Marquez was behind on the cards by the way and I believe he needed a stoppage to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
        Eduardo Lausse vs Gene Fulmer- The Argentinian strongman handles Fulmer very well in an exciting brawl.
        very good fight

Comment

• Charley Norkus vs Danny Nardico 1 - Both guys down, both guys badly hurt. 8 knockdowns in all. Great heavyweight fight.

Comment

• Bump, bump, bump

Someone get the mods to sticky this. Great thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              Bump, bump, bump

Someone get the mods to sticky this. Great thread!
              Thanks for the support Benny.

Actually, thanks to everyone for posting in this thread and keeping it alive.
              Last edited by Silencers; 02-04-2010, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                Thanks for the support Benny.

Actually, thanks to everyone for posting in this thread and keeping it alive.
                Mate, we've got to get this thread to a sticky. It's genius.

Love your work Silencers.

Comment

• Antonio Avelar.vs.Wilfredo Vasquez-Excellent action fight with incredible fifth round and yes this thread needs to be stickied.

Comment

• Bump.

Hey MODs, make this into a goddamned sticky already!

Geez.....

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      Bump.

Hey MODs, make this into a goddamned sticky already!

Geez.....
                      Thanks for the bump, I was thinking of doing it myself one of these days. Not the easiest thread to keep active because you don't come across great fights every day.

Comment

Working...
                      X