No announcement yet.

Fights You Have To Watch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
    If anyone deserved the extra point in the first it would've been Martinez, his knockdown was the more legitimate of the two. Surprisingly 2 of the judges gave Williams the round 10-9, even more surprising is that the two judges that did that were the ones who scored the fight most accurately for the rest of the fight.

I can understand that but as you said, they were swing rounds that could've gone to Cazares, there were a few close rounds that were tough to score so I could see how 2 judges saw it 116-112 for both fighters but I feel that if anyone had more of a case in winning that fight, it was Nashiro.
    To be honest, I was thinking about making the round 10-9 Williams just prior to Martinez dropping him. I thought Martinez was off balance and the shot he got hit with wasn't hard and was grazing. However, Martinez had cracked Williams with three or four hard shots before the KD, which would've made it 10-9 Williams, in my eyes.

I thought Cazares didn't jab nearly enough. He pretty much threw lead hooks and crosses. Some landed, but for the most part were getting either picked off or countered by Nashiro. When he jabbed he was more successful and when he was able to back Nashiro up, he (Nashiro) was uncomfortable.

Cazares threw more, but to my eyes, his shots weren't as clean or hard as Nashiro's. Nashiro was making his shots count IMO, and Cazares began to wane over the championship rounds. He nearly had him out of there in the 12th. Nashiro's performance over the last three rounds is what sealed it for him on my card.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
      To be honest, I was thinking about making the round 10-9 Williams just prior to Martinez dropping him. I thought Martinez was off balance and the shot he got hit with wasn't hard and was grazing. However, Martinez had cracked Williams with three or four hard shots before the KD, which would've made it 10-9 Williams, in my eyes.

I thought Cazares didn't jab nearly enough. He pretty much threw lead hooks and crosses. Some landed, but for the most part were getting either picked off or countered by Nashiro. When he jabbed he was more successful and when he was able to back Nashiro up, he (Nashiro) was uncomfortable.

Cazares threw more, but to my eyes, his shots weren't as clean or hard as Nashiro's. Nashiro was making his shots count IMO, and Cazares began to wane over the championship rounds. He nearly had him out of there in the 12th. Nashiro's performance over the last three rounds is what sealed it for him on my card.
      Understandable, Martinez won the rest of the round outside of the knockdown and then he knocked Williams down himself so as I said, if anyone deserved the extra point in the first it should've been Martinez.

Yeah, that's the way Cazares fights though, he isn't really a jabber, likes to lead with hooks and uppercuts while switching stances but he would definitely be more effective with more jabs. And I agree with you about Nashiro sealing it with his late round dominance, those were big rounds for him.

Comment

Jean Pascal vs Adrian Diaconu 2 - Very good 2 way exchanges, Pascal showed incredible courage with his right shoulder popping out a few times during the fight.

Comment

Jean Pascal vs Adrian Diaconu 2 - Very good 2 way exchanges, Pascal showed incredible courage with his right shoulder popping out a few times during the fight.
          Jeez, what!! on earth was that Canadian commentator watching?

His scorecard was ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
            Jeez, what!! on earth was that Canadian commentator watching?

His scorecard was ridiculous.
            I didn't think it was too far off, I had Pascal winning 116-112. Diaconu was just doing nothing for long periods and Pascal was landing the better punches throughout. However, I feel that Diaconu let the fight slip away from him this time around, he could've done so much more with Pascal's right shoulder being the way it was.

As a sidenote, Guy Jutras was actually a pretty good judge.

Comment

I didn't think it was too far off, I had Pascal winning 116-112. Diaconu was just doing nothing for long periods and Pascal was landing the better punches throughout. However, I feel that Diaconu let the fight slip away from him this time around, he could've done so much more with Pascal's right shoulder being the way it was.
              No i dont mean the end tally. Im mean the way he scored some of the rounds. There were some rounds that he scored that i felt clearly should of gone the other way.

Comment

No i dont mean the end tally. Im mean the way he scored some of the rounds. There were some rounds that he scored that i felt clearly should of gone the other way.
                Oh.

Yeah, there were a couple of clear Pascal rounds that he scored for Diaconu and some clear Diaconu rounds that he scored for Pascal but I let him go about it because the view from ringside could've been different.

Comment

Oh.

Yeah, there were a couple of clear Pascal rounds that he scored for Diaconu and some clear Diaconu rounds that he scored for Pascal but I let him go about it because the view from ringside could've been different.
                  lol

It gets to the point where you are questioning yourself at times.

Anyway i was very impressed with Pascal, what a heart he showed. I dont wanna be too negative but i cant help think that his warrior heart is gonna get him trouble in the future.

Comment

lol

It gets to the point where you are questioning yourself at times.

Anyway i was very impressed with Pascal, what a heart he showed. I dont wanna be too negative but i cant help think that his warrior heart is gonna get him trouble in the future.
                    Pascal has shown that under all that flash he has a heart of a warrior and he's become a better fighter lately, he's stopped trying to be a Roy Jones wannabe and has fought under his own style a bit more now which has made him much more effective. I tend to agree with you though, the way he throws caution to the wind could derail him. It actually almost did when he fought Branco, got shook up by a right hand in that one.

Comment

• Victor Galindez vs Richie Kates 1 - Galindez fought through a horrible cut that opened up in round 3 due to an accidental headbutt, it didn't stop bleeding for the entire fight, his trunks had blood on them, Kates' white trunks tuned partially red, Christodoulu's shirt had blood on it, one of the bloodier fights I've seen. Kates also fought a very courageous fight later on when Galindez started taking over, showing very good heart.

This was also the first and only fight where I've seen the '5 minute rule' where the corner of a fighter cut by an accidental headbutt had 5 minutes to work on the cut. Everyone thought the fight was over and photographers swarmed the ring only having to clear out when they found out the fight wasn't over.

Last edited by Silencers; 08-29-2010, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X