No announcement yet.

Aaron Pryor - Can somebody clear this up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Pryor - Can somebody clear this up

Did the man get found guilty of taking drugs during the Arguello fight?

I recall Lewis saying "Pass me the bottle I mixed"

But was Pryor ever found guilty of taking a illegal substance

he was never found guilty, there wasnt any drug tests though.

watch the "assault in the ring" movie, luis resto says panama took one of those pills ppl with asthma take to open up their lungs. crushed it and put it in the water. panama most likely did that for all of his top fighters biggest fights, pryor-arguello I.. but also duran-leonard I and lots of other big fights.

Comment

Like the first person that replied said, there was nothing found because they didn't test him. But there's a good possibility he took something to help him.

In their rematch, I think they tested him and nothing was found. He beat him even worse. That's why I still consider the first fight a good victory for Pryor.

Comment

Originally posted by Unbelievable View Post
        Like the first person that replied said, there was nothing found because they didn't test him. But there's a good possibility he took something to help him.

In their rematch, I think they tested him and nothing was found. He beat him even worse. That's why I still consider the first fight a good victory for Pryor.
        the first fight was absolutely fookin brutal, and would have taken alot out of Arguello, so to say that cause he beat him worse the second time round that he would've done the same the first time with no help from other substances involved ( assumin he did, i like to think he didn ) just cant be right

Comment

In those days, I don't think they tested it. Resto said though that he would mix a bottle so that it would open up your lungs when you needed more energy

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
            but also duran-leonard I and lots of other big fights.
            Doubt that, Arcel was in charge in Duran's corner Panama carried the bucket.

Comment

I don't doubt for a second that not only was Pryor on some form of stimulant or "performance enhancer", but that stuff like that and Margarito's loaded gloves, etc. is far more common than anyone even knows and not exclusive to any trainer or fighter. That doesn't excuse it, but still. I think Panama Lewis was just particularly brazen and ****** about it, yelling for all to hear without much regard for "the one I mixed". And then my favorite "No, not THAT one, the one I mixed!".

Comment

Originally posted by Unbelievable View Post

Yes, but.....

Arguello was already showing signs of slippage even pre-Pryor I. Couple that with the brutal beating he took the first time out, and the fact that Pryor already had the benefit of having Arguello's style figured out.

Comment

Asthma pills? i dont know about that im pretty sure most asthma items are ment for preventitive measures like you take it in the morning for the day and at night for the night not at 3 pm becaus your having problems breathing though theres a rescue inhaler and a nebulizer that tends to work quickly but in both cases its something that needs to be inhaled directly into the lungs.

course it could have been asthma medicine...wouldn't have done anything and probably wouldn't have show up on tests though it might have given his fighters a different frame of mind and a placebo like effect.
                  Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 10-26-2009, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    Yes, but.....

Arguello was already showing signs of slippage even pre-Pryor I. Couple that with the brutal beating he took the first time out, and the fact that Pryor already had the benefit of having Arguello's style figured out.
                    Pryor was just a young strong drugged up milling machine, with hardly any boxing skills and would have been totally humiliated when Arguello was prime..
                    I've never taken either of those fights seriously..
                    Morally, Alexis won anyway, because very soon afterwards, Pryor had retina trouble which was caused by Arguello.. He then had botched eye surgury, which put an end to the sly ****'s career.. I call it, 'Poetical Justice'...

Comment

Working...
                    X