Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ike Quartey vs Oba Carr, agree with the decision?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ike Quartey vs Oba Carr, agree with the decision?

I don't. I thought Carr came from behind and pulled it off in a close one. thoughts?

maybe my memory isnt all that, but if i recall it wasnt even close at all. cant say i remember much of the fight though so i could be wrong.

Comment

Haven't seen the fight in a while but I don't remember it as being a controversial decision, I thought Quartey outjabbed Carr and outworked him, Carr was flashier with his punchers though but as I said, haven't seen the fight in a while.

Comment

Comment

Not close for me, Carr was getting a beating towards the end but toughed it out, he really dug in which he deserved credit for but i thought he lost clearly.

Lopez beat Quartey though imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
            Not close for me, Carr was getting a beating towards the end but toughed it out, he really dug in which he deserved credit for but i thought he lost clearly.

Lopez beat Quartey though imo.
            Agree on Quartey-Carr (props to Carr for 3 gutsy performances against Quartey, DLH and Trinidad), disagree on Quartey-Lopez. I had the knockdowns making it a closer decision but Quartey had far too many rounds in the bank at that point. His jab was thudding off Lopez's head constantly for 10 rounds of the fight if memory serves, while Lopez was landing 3-5 punches a round. Lopez won the last 2 rounds huge, but still. I even thought a draw was borderline criminal. Different perspectives, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by blacklodge View Post
              Agree on Quartey-Carr (props to Carr for 3 gutsy performances against Quartey, DLH and Trinidad), disagree on Quartey-Lopez. I had the knockdowns making it a closer decision but Quartey had far too many rounds in the bank at that point. His jab was thudding off Lopez's head constantly for 10 rounds of the fight if memory serves, while Lopez was landing 3-5 punches a round. Lopez won the last 2 rounds huge, but still. I even thought a draw was borderline criminal. Different perspectives, I guess.
              I agree with this completely. Quartey outlanded Lopez and won many rounds on the strength of the jab, despite being dropped a couple of times.

I had Quartey beating Carr by several points.

Comment

Working...
              X