No announcement yet.

What fighters dissapointed you when you finally got to see them

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fighters dissapointed you when you finally got to see them

Khaosai Galaxy was the biggest dissapointment for me, people had told me about how exciting and great he was, the Thai Tyson and everything and when I finally saw him it was about the biggest letdown I can remember. He just seemed so average at the time, all I saw was just a slow, plodding strongman who seemed to reach way in everytime he threw a punch on the outside. I have viewed more of his fights now and I think more of him now seeing things I didn't see the first time I watched him.

On the flipside I was really impressed the first time I watched Khaokor fight, I read articles saying how much better Khaosai was and thought that this guy must really suck, he must be just a worse version of his brother and when I saw how fast and skilled he was he became one of my fav fighters.

I remember the huge buzz about Shane Mosely when he was coming up, and I think the first fight I saw of his was against Philip Holliday. I was not particularly impressed.

Comment

John Duddy... All of my friends in Ireland had seen a lot more of him than me, and were giving him rave reviews as a hard punching all out warrior..
      Conparisons such as 'Collins with a bigger punch' and 'More aggressive than Benn' were being thown my way..
      By the time I finally got round to watching him, all I saw was a game but limited fighter who cut like a windfallen pear!.. Not bad, but I wouldn't consider him anywhere near world class..

Comment

Edwin Valero- Raw and sloppy fighter, doing well against meager competition at best.

Pongsaklek Wonjongkam- While i somewhat enjoyed his methodical fights, i was dissapointed more than he never really fought the guys who were around like arce and darchinyan, instead, fought daisuke naito like 10 times in thailand.

Rock Allen

Andre Dirrell when he fought Kirkland. I expected better from him when he turned pro.

Andy Lee

Comment

Working...
        X