Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howard Davis Junior.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howard Davis will always be a favorite of mine. Him, Mark Breland and some Cubans during those days when amateur boxers were allowed to hit each other.
    Amateur boxing was once a feast for the eyes.

Comment

Big carnivores ate him up as a pro of course. He needed the strength of meat and gravy, but had only water cress and sesame seed to build muscle. In boxing, the meat eaters take all. A steak is a boxer's best friend, I don't care if it is the roast off a ****** rat, the boxer needs it. So often in boxing the difference between defeat and victory is a steak, by Moslem buggery!

Comment

its worth noting that the Davis teachings will be displayed on the world level in september. Dustin Poirier's southpaw cross and a lot of stuff he does was taught to him by Howard Davis Jr. everyone is betting that khabib submits him, but you never know, it is a fight and I consider Poirier a live dog. GET UM P

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior Scholar View Post
          its worth noting that the Davis teachings will be displayed on the world level in september. Dustin Poirier's southpaw cross and a lot of stuff he does was taught to him by Howard Davis Jr. everyone is betting that khabib submits him, but you never know, it is a fight and I consider Poirier a live dog. GET UM P
          Wow, Davis teaching in the MMA world. Yes, I agree, Poirier is a VERY live dog. He KO'd Gaethje and smashed Alvarez. Holloway had a helluva time with him. Khabib needs time to get a guy down and locked up, but who knows how good Khabib's chin is. He might just get dropped by Dustin.

As for the teases about Davis failing because he was a vegetarian, it's old school thinking to insist meat protein is that important. Why, because lions eat meat? Apes don't and apes can rip your face off. Jack LaLanne the amazing fitness guru used to drink a quart of blood a day. Thought the iron would help him. Realized this was ridiculous.

Comment

- -Disingenuous to suggest we are apes, but you suggest that you are?

Hmmm!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
              - -Disingenuous to suggest we are apes, but you suggest that you are?

Hmmm!
              What, the Scopes trial returns?

"Darwin was Wrong." Mort Sahl said that, but he was comparing today's presidents and presidential candidates to Washington, Jefferson and Adams.

Some say we're descended from the apes. We certainly have the same type of teeth, made more for grinding vegetation than tearing flesh. There are exceptions.

Marshall Crenshaw singing about "Valerie." Song goes: "She's got a figure like this,
              lips like that,
              red fingernails,
              teeth like a cat..."

Who doesn't go ape for a Catwoman? Or as ***** used to say, "Grab the...."

Comment

Originally posted by smeck View Post
                What, the Scopes trial returns?

"Darwin was Wrong." Mort Sahl said that, but he was comparing today's presidents and presidential candidates to Washington, Jefferson and Adams.

Some say we're descended from the apes. We certainly have the same type of teeth, made more for grinding vegetation than tearing flesh. There are exceptions.

Marshall Crenshaw singing about "Valerie." Song goes: "She's got a figure like this,
                lips like that,
                red fingernails,
                teeth like a cat..."
                - -Relative to a big cat or even a baboon, a gorilla canines are puny but substantial compared to hominids.

It was only recently discovered the predatory, meat eating behaviors of chimps. Even cattle who graze on grass are going to grind up and ingest misc insects living in the grass.

The fact that a substantial segment of the move to vegetarianism includes faux meat dishes reveals they are insecure about this choice.

Btw. I'm not a big meat eater, but I enjoy it regularly enough to fire up my oak, Pecan, and mesquite stocked grill every Third week or so for meat provisions during that interim.

When I go down to my local largest organic food market in the world, plenty of veges shop there and they usually don't look the picture of health.

Now I worked with a mighty big boy who literally ate noting but meat, and his health and strength was lacking.

The Plains Indians of America lived 90% on a buffalo diet, yet that 10% native roots, berries et at all critical to their good health.

Some form of balance is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                  -

The fact that a substantial segment of the move to vegetarianism includes faux meat dishes reveals they are insecure about this choice.

Btw. I'm not a big meat eater...

When I go down to my local largest organic food market in the world, plenty of veges shop there and they usually don't look the picture of health.

Now I worked with a mighty big boy who literally ate noting but meat, and his health and strength was lacking.

Some form of balance is needed.
                  Quite true. My father was a doctor and his belief was "all things in moderation."

As to the sick-looking people at the organic food market, it's the same in health food stores. They come in too late, or they're hopeless old cases, and they can't exercise and they're desperate for a magic pill.

People who eat fake meat -- it's just a habit. Most are converts, so they're used to the taste of hamburger, hot dogs, chicken and bacon, and don't want to give it up. While people in India and China may look outside the bun, most don't want to eat out of a bowl, whether it's rice, noodles or salad. So they get a vegeburger or fake cutlets, fake bacon. If you don't have the real thing for a while, some of that tastes close. Morningstar's fake bacon has a smokey taste, and I'm guessing even meat eaters find it convenient, because you just microwave it and there's no bacon fat splatter.

Any fanaticism is suspect, whether it's pro-meat, or so pro-animal rights that it involves wearing plastic shoes. Shades of gray.

We all find our comfort zones, whether it's cutting down on red meat a bit, as you do, or spending a lot (of time and/or money) to eat Vegan without being bored (which I sure don't do). I know shrimp has cholesterol, and cheese isn't that good for you, but I know it. I just don't choose to do anything about it!

Comment

Davis beat him twice I think in the Amateurs where Pryor was always a step ahead of the competition as far as being closer to being a pro as shown by his Win over a very Young and yet to be Hitman Tommy Hearns, in the Pros, Pryor beats Davis at JWW, and maybe LW also, Davis wanted out as fast as he could from Boxing, did not have the heart and stomach for it in a long career, and no power to stop fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Rspen46 View Post
                      Davis beat him twice I think in the Amateurs where Pryor was always a step ahead of the competition as far as being closer to being a pro as shown by his Win over a very Young and yet to be Hitman Tommy Hearns, in the Pros, Pryor beats Davis at JWW, and maybe LW also, Davis wanted out as fast as he could from Boxing, did not have the heart and stomach for it in a long career, and no power to stop fighters.
                      True in a lot of ways, but definitely a class act.

Comment

Working...
                      X