11. Frazier
    12. Frazier
    13. Ali
    14. Ali
    15. Frazier 10-8

Ali- 143
    Frazier- 141

Comment

• Watched Williams - Martinez for the first time a few days ago. I had Martinez up by a point.

Comment

• Last night I rewatched Matthew Saad Muhammad against Yaqui Lopez. It was a great fight.

Comment

• Frazier-Foster, Frazier-Ellis I, Ali-Chuvalo II, Lewis-Tyson

Comment

• Stevie Johnston-Angel Manfredy, Johnston wasn't a bad fighter. Seems he wasted some of his career though.

Comment

• Bradley vs Peterson

Round 1 Bradley (close)
              Peterson was winning the round but Bradley nailed
              him twice with overhand rights to steal the round imo

Round 2 Bradley
              Bradleys speed was a factor early in the round and helped
              him land counter right hands. Toward the end of the
              round Bradley landed another right that shook
              Peterson up

Round 3 Bradley 10/9

Bradley knocked Peterson down but i thought he came
              back well enough to make the round a 1/9 instead of
              10/8. It was a short right on the back of the head that
              dropped Peterson

Round 4 Peterson (close)

I gave this to Peterson as he i felt he landed the
              harder shots and a lot of Bradley's shots were inaccurate
              besides a couple of counter rights

Round 5 Bradley (close)

Peterson came back well but i felt Bradley's early work
              of using angles and countering took the round for me.

Round 6 Bradley
              Excellent round for Bradley. Bradley used the angles
              and countered up and down. Peterson inactive

Round 7 Bradley
              Niether man got much done but Braldey's fast
              counters were more eyecatching. Peterson coming in
              straight and not cutting Bradley off

Round 8 Bradley
              Terrific performance by Bradley so far. Bradley back
              to countering with the right hand and using angles

Round 9 Bradley (close)

Close untill Bradley closed it out better nailing
              Peterson with a nice right and a combo.

Round 10 Bradley
              Continues to use the angles and speed to counter

Round 11 Peterson
              Peterson may not have won this round but he put
              a lot out particularly toward the end

Round 12 Peterson
              Peterson was more consistent and landed
              the cleaner shots imo.

I felt Bradley's style was all wrong for Peterson but i still
              felt it would be a competitive closer fight than it was because Bradley has
              left himself open in the past, and when all said and done Peterson is a good fighter. I
              expected Peterson to use his height more and i felt Bradley would be the
              aggressor and would use speed/angles to outwork him. To my surprise
              Peterson was the aggresor but the angles, speed of Bradley was still
              the key weapon.

It all comes down to Peterson's style imo. Peterson fights with his
              hands high (Winky esque) which means he fights pretty square, that
              takes the pop off his right hands and means he has to get closer to his
              opponent to get his punches off, he can also only really punch when
              you stop punching, his vision is impaired by how high he hold his
              gloves, he rarely moves his head to create angles to punch off so
              he tends to come in straight lines.

Bradley took advantage of all of this imo. Bradley used his legs and asked Peterson
              to cut the ring down because he knew Peterson could not get off from range, he
              needs to be closer to you in order to get off. Peterson comes in straight with
              his hands up and little headmovement. At times Bradley was able to shoe shine,
              impare his vision, use angles and spin off, plus Peterson can only respond (counter)
              when you have finished your combo because of his style. Peterson tends
              to commit to the jab at all times because of his style which makes it easier to slip and
              counter.

I dont think Bradley knowingly took adavantage of all this its just that Peterson's
              style is all wrong for Bradley.

Bradley used great speed and discpline, discipline because he only laid inside once
              and gave Peterson the only chance he had, which was to stop using his legs
              lay inside and let Peterson get off. Its like i said earlier, Peterson is only
              effective when he can get that little bit closer to you, but from long range all he has
              is his jab, he commits to that( jab) which leaves him open to overhand rights.
              A lesser fighter would of saw the success they were having
              and tried to press their advantages and languished inside too long and gave Peterson
              a better shot than he had. Bradley did this once but had the forsight
              to realize his game was on the outside making Peterson cut the ring down.

Comment

• Mayweather - Castillo I, scored it two rounds in favor of Floyd, by the way. Was a bit shocked by the punch stats at the end, but just goes to show that clean punching (and even the decision what's a clean punch can't be 100% objective most of the time) is just 1/4 of judging a fight.

Comment

• watched some video of Jack Johnson vs Ketchel
                  and Zale amd Graziano
                  Last edited by aristotlemoses; 12-26-2009, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• I have been watching alot of Jones and Tyson recently. My introduction to Jones was the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seaul, South Korea. I remember the gold medal robbery and saw it again for the first time in 21 years. It was interesting to hear his comments after the fight. Jones even thought about quitting boxing: "this might be last fight and I just go back to college...i knew when i saw the koreans jumping up and down that something was up." It was the biggest robbery in olympic boxing ever......jones won all 3rds and almost KOD the Korean.

Watching Jones early fights in Florida and some of those rings are the smallest i have ever seen. Those rings look smaller than 15 by 15 feet.
                    Jones was an acumelative puncher and he needed time to KO these guys.

Looking at Tyson vs Spinks makes me think when does ring ****zine ever strip their title from a fighter? Spinks ducked Tyson and got stripped by the IBF in 1987 and ring ****zine still had him as their champ when he fought Tyson. That is other proof why i dont consider Ring Belt to be a real belt. Spinks fought Gerry Cooney instead of Tyson. While Tyson was WBC and WBA champ, and later got the IBF from Tucker.

I will make a few comments on these old tyson fights:

BRUNO 1: You can see Tyson looked a little vulnerable and was not the same after Rooney left his corner.

Douglas: Tyson would have had a KO if the Ref didnt have such a slow count, it was close. Also the bell saved douglas as if there would have been even 10 seconds left tyson would have finished him. Also Tyson's corner did a horrible job in healing his eye. Nonetheless, Douglas did fight a great fight and got the win.

Ruddock 1,2: These are among the best Tyson fights. Round 6 of the first fight was classic toe to toe. I will say that Tyson was lucky that he didnt get DQ in the 2nd fight as he hit below the belt and had 2 points deducted and than kept doing it. Mills Lane could have given a DQ.

Holyfield 1, 2: Mitch Halperin did a horrible job in the first fight. No warnings for headbutting and he allowed Holyfield to keep holding on. He never controlled the ring. Tyson was winning RD6 until the headbutt. Holyfield did take some great shots. Tyson was winning RD 3 of the 2nd fight until he bit holyfield's ear. It was the most shocking event possibly in recent boxing history. In my opinion, it epitomizes the mental weakness that Tyson had. He would get frustrated when things dont turn out like he wanted and lose his patience, we saw some of that in his fight with Bonecrusher smith.

Comment

• Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
                      I have been watching alot of Jones and Tyson recently. My introduction to Jones was the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seaul, South Korea. I remember the gold medal robbery and saw it again for the first time in 21 years. It was interesting to hear his comments after the fight. Jones even thought about quitting boxing: "this might be last fight and I just go back to college...i knew when i saw the koreans jumping up and down that something was up." It was the biggest robbery in olympic boxing ever......jones won all 3rds and almost KOD the Korean.

Watching Jones early fights in Florida and some of those rings are the smallest i have ever seen. Those rings look smaller than 15 by 15 feet.
                      Jones was an acumelative puncher and he needed time to KO these guys.

Looking at Tyson vs Spinks makes me think when does ring ****zine ever strip their title from a fighter? Spinks ducked Tyson and got stripped by the IBF in 1987 and ring ****zine still had him as their champ when he fought Tyson. That is other proof why i dont consider Ring Belt to be a real belt. Spinks fought Gerry Cooney instead of Tyson. While Tyson was WBC and WBA champ, and later got the IBF from Tucker.

I will make a few comments on these old tyson fights:

BRUNO 1: You can see Tyson looked a little vulnerable and was not the same after Rooney left his corner.

Douglas: Tyson would have had a KO if the Ref didnt have such a slow count, it was close. Also the bell saved douglas as if there would have been even 10 seconds left tyson would have finished him. Also Tyson's corner did a horrible job in healing his eye. Nonetheless, Douglas did fight a great fight and got the win.

Ruddock 1,2: These are among the best Tyson fights. Round 6 of the first fight was classic toe to toe. I will say that Tyson was lucky that he didnt get DQ in the 2nd fight as he hit below the belt and had 2 points deducted and than kept doing it. Mills Lane could have given a DQ.

Holyfield 1, 2: Mitch Halperin did a horrible job in the first fight. No warnings for headbutting and he allowed Holyfield to keep holding on. He never controlled the ring. Tyson was winning RD6 until the headbutt. Holyfield did take some great shots. Tyson was winning RD 3 of the 2nd fight until he bit holyfield's ear. It was the most shocking event possibly in recent boxing history. In my opinion, it epitomizes the mental weakness that Tyson had. He would get frustrated when things dont turn out like he wanted and lose his patience, we saw some of that in his fight with Bonecrusher smith.
                      The Ring has always had a policy not to strip a fighter of its title because it is a linear title. Hatton moved up to welter twice and they never stripped him. He lost the belt to Pac Man.

Comment

Working...
                      X