Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched Ali-Spinks II the other night for the first time in years. I'd forgotten just how much of the fight Ali spent up on his toes. More than I can recall him doing in most of his post-layoff career. Remarkable. One last miracle, even if most of the reflexes and timing were gone.

Comment

• Cotto vs Torres last night, fun fight!

Comment

• Erik Morales vs Marcos Maidana. Classic, was a better one than I remembered! It was amazing to see old war horse in Erik Morales to wake up, how he rallied back quite a few times and put up some great exchanges with Maidana despite his age and getting his eye swollen shut in the very first round

Good stuff.

Comment

• Plant - Feigenbutz

Comment

• Originally posted by Disturbed View Post
            Erik Morales vs Marcos Maidana. Classic, was a better one than I remembered! It was amazing to see old war horse in Erik Morales to wake up, how he rallied back quite a few times and put up some great exchanges with Maidana despite his age and getting his eye swollen shut in the very first round

Good stuff.
            - -Shoulda been stopped in the first.

Fury/wilder stopped at the right time, a total beatdown by fury.

Comment

• R Duran v. Carlos Palomino

Comment

• - -Fury/Deyonce 1 the day before 2 back to back.

Be a legendary series for this era.

Comment

• I've been on a Chocolatito binge since his last fight. Watched it 3 times and now going back and watching some other classics.

Comment

• The following I wrote and posted to a different forum, the topic being the Morales vs McCullough fight from 1999. I put a commentary track I had not heard before over the Sky Sport video feed:
                    Hey all, so, i just watched Erik Morales vs Wayne McCullough* a fight I have watched a few times, but only the HBO broadcast, with the standard commentary crew for the day of Lampley, Merchant, and Foreman, and the Sky Sports broadcast with Ian Darke (American fan here, but generally love his takes and work, same for Glenn McCrory) . Lederman finishes up with 118-110 "El Terrible" Morales. McCrory has it 117-111 and Darke has it 118-112. but the link below is the Sky video feed with the INTL English feed done by Dave Bontempo and Tony Paige. Paige has Wayne up by one going into the 12th!? Someone care to score this version?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rossman View Post
                      R Duran v. Carlos Palomino
                      Probably the greatest fight Ever (caught on film).

Comment

Working...
                      X