No announcement yet.

Holyfield-Bowe Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Boxing9 View Post
    shut up! all you do is talk ****! you dont no nothing about ali. it's typical you have a floyd mayweather avater, you probaly got into boxing after watching him vs hatton or JJM.
    No, I got into boxing when I started actually doing it, you know, putting on the gloves for real and training, sparring, competing....

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
      In my opinion, much more entertaining than the Ali-Frazier Triliogy, and just as significant.
      While I agree the Holyfield - Bowe trilogy was awesome I have to disagree with your assement of Ali - Frazier. While the second Ali - Frazier fight was relatively dull, the first and third fights I'd rate higher than any of the Holyfield - Bowe fights. This is no slam of Holyfield - Bowe: The first two were terrific fights. It's more of the case that the first and third Ali- Frazier fights were two of the best I've ever seen.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        While I agree the Holyfield - Bowe trilogy was awesome I have to disagree with your assement of Ali - Frazier. While the second Ali - Frazier fight was relatively dull, the first and third fights I'd rate higher than any of the Holyfield - Bowe fights. This is no slam of Holyfield - Bowe: The first two were terrific fights. It's more of the case that the first and third Ali- Frazier fights were two of the best I've ever seen.

Poet
        I agree, they were all great fights. I suppose it just comes down to personal preference in regards to which fights you prefer.

Comment

classic stuff, wat a warrior. imagine going to those fights

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
            No, I got into boxing when I started actually doing it, you know, putting on the gloves for real and training, sparring, competing....
            lol, after browsing, i came across you record, you have lost as many as you have won, my advice would be to spend less time on here being a ''FAN'', and more time in the gym, because you need to improve real quick!

Comment

No way, the Ali and Frazier fights were more signifcant and are rememebred more.

And as for being ''much more entertaining'', another idiot comment, these fights are just as exciting as each other, and there isnt one WAY MORE excting than the other one.

Go and learn something about boxing, before posting utter ****.
              It was an opinion you tool,people hold them and they don't always have to e the same that you hold,so grow a pair.

In all likelyhood you've never seen the Ali-Frazier trilogy in it's entirety or the bowe-Holyfield trilogy in it's entirety.

In terms of competitiveness and sheer grit and determination,bowe-Holyfield completely dominates Ali-Frazier.

Ali vs Frazier 1 was also a classic you idiot. I know lots more about boxing than u, FACT
              St.Lion you really are a creepy little bastard aren't you? first you stalk the ThegreatA over an internet forum and now you react like a six year old spoilt child who's mommy won't get him a lollypop because somebody else doesn't hold the same view and opinion as you.

You know very little about boxing,stick with mmGAY,there's a good lad.

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
              The Bowe-Holyfield trilogy never had anything like the second Ali-Frazier fight, which was fairly dull.
              The second fight exposes just how overrated the Ali-Frazier fight was,not just because it was fairly dull,but because just how one sided a contest it actually was.

As far as significance, Ali vs Frazier is in a class of its own due to the first fight. Bowe and Holyfield were just two boxers fighting each other for the world title, Ali vs Frazier was something more than that.
              Don't buy into the hype,it was two guys fighting for a paycheque and nothing else,Frazier will try to tell you differently now that he has pissed all his money up the wall but that's all it was ever about.

Such great supporters of the Ali-Frazier trilogy will try to tell you Frazier was Ali's toughest opponent to compensate for Frazier's lack of resume against the greatest fighters of his era.

shut up! all you do is talk ****! you dont no nothing about ali. it's typical you have a floyd mayweather avater, you probaly got into boxing after watching him vs hatton or JJM.

And you think by showcasing an avatar of a fighter from the past makes you a greater, more knowledgeable fan than the average poster when in truth you're just a plain simple noob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmacpoper View Post

The second fight exposes just how overrated the Ali-Frazier fight was,not just because it was fairly dull,but because just how one sided a contest it actually was.
                I don't think it was one-sided at all. It was just not a great fight and Ali was allowed to get away with holding far too much.

The judges had it 6 rounds to 5, with one even, 7 rounds to 4, with one even and 8 rounds to 4, all in favour of Ali. Ali also had the lead after 12 rounds in their first fight as well.

Don't buy into the hype,it was two guys fighting for a paycheque and nothing else,Frazier will try to tell you differently now that he has pissed all his money up the wall but that's all it was ever about.

Such great supporters of the Ali-Frazier trilogy will try to tell you Frazier was Ali's toughest opponent to compensate for Frazier's lack of resume against the greatest fighters of his era.
                Ali and Frazier were obviously only in it for the money and the championship but there were other factors at play. Ali was not just a boxer at that point.

Frazier's resume doesn't lack in my opinion.

Comment

I don't think it was one-sided at all. It was just not a great fight and Ali was allowed to get away with holding far too much..
                  I saw Frazier plod along and throw a hook and get continually beat to his one punch by Ali's combinations,his timing sucked,his speed sucked and his all around effort sucked,making it a particularly one sided contest,not a beating by any means but I couldn't give Frazier anything more than four rounds.

Ali didn't hold anymore than he usually did,he was always a holder even so during his prime when he wasn't a fat lazy ****,I say it was just that he was allowed to tie Frazier up at close quarters especially considering the amount of low blows Frazier was permitted during the first fight.

The judges had it 6 rounds to 5, with one even, 7 rounds to 4, with one even and 8 rounds to 4, all in favour of Ali. Ali also had the lead after 12 rounds in their first fight as well.
                  The judges also had Frazier beating Oscar Bonavena the first time and Ali beating Jimmy Young too.

Ali and Frazier were obviously only in it for the money and the championship but there were other factors at play. Ali was not just a boxer at that point.
                  Ali wasn't a boxer any longer at that point,he said he quit being a fighter after Zaire and was now an out of shape businessman

Comment

I saw Frazier plod along and throw a hook and get continually beat to his one punch by Ali's combinations,his timing sucked,his speed sucked and his all around effort sucked,making it a particularly one sided contest,not a beating by any means but I couldn't give Frazier anything more than four rounds.

Ali didn't hold anymore than he usually did,he was always a holder even so during his prime when he wasn't a fat lazy ****,I say it was just that he was allowed to tie Frazier up at close quarters especially considering the amount of low blows Frazier was permitted during the first fight.

The judges also had Frazier beating Oscar Bonavena the first time and Ali beating Jimmy Young too.

Ali wasn't a boxer any longer at that point,he said he quit being a fighter after Zaire and was now an out of shape businessman

Comment

Frazier did not give a great account of himself but he did make Ali miss a lot. Neither of them landed too many punches, Ali landed more, Frazier landed the bigger punches.

As I said Ali was allowed to hold on too much. He always held but this time he got away with it.

The scorecards in this fight were appropriate however since even you agreed that Frazier could have been given about 4 of the rounds.

He was a legend and still is.

Comment

Working...
                      X