Collapse
No announcement yet.

Henry Armstrong Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember the first time I watched Armstrong fight I was very dissapointed, I was fifteen at the time and had read all these stories of how he would just throw punches non-stop and just brutalize opponents (which he did) but I had built him up so much in my mind that it was inevitable for me to be let down. It wasn't until a few years later that I really started to study how he fought and notice all of the facets of his game and begin to really understand how great he was and now he is one of my favs.

Comment

Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
      I remember the first time I watched Armstrong fight I was very dissapointed, I was fifteen at the time and had read all these stories of how he would just throw punches non-stop and just brutalize opponents (which he did) but I had built him up so much in my mind that it was inevitable for me to be let down. It wasn't until a few years later that I really started to study how he fought and notice all of the facets of his game and begin to really understand how great he was and now he is one of my favs.
      Interesting......Story

Comment

Originally posted by .SOUTHPAW16BF. View Post
        Interesting......Story
        I wouldn't be surprised if what happened to me is quite common with younger boxing fans, when I was young I often confused flashiness for just being good, Armstrong didn't have much flash but he was heavy on substance.

Comment

How do you think hank match's up against a prime pedroza?

Comment

Working...
          X