No announcement yet.

The 10 greatest chins of all time.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carl Froch.

Someone who fights like he does and relies 200% on how strong his chin is has to be ranked in the Top 10.

He got dropped against Taylor when he was hit around the back of the head disrupting his equilibrium.

Abraham's the only threat in the tournament, can't wait to see how he handles it.

Comment

When was this list compiled?

James Toney and Saoul Mamby deserve a mention.

James went all the way up to Heavyweight and fought some big hitters there. Never stopped and seldom ever hurt, James fought the best out there and took big punches from some of the top guys in the sport.

Mamby had a granite chin too.

Comment

All good.. i just miss Joe Frazier..

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
          Carl Froch.

Someone who fights like he does and relies 200% on how strong his chin is has to be ranked in the Top 10.

He got dropped against Taylor when he was hit around the back of the head disrupting his equilibrium.

Abraham's the only threat in the tournament, can't wait to see how he handles it.
          Crap.Froch deserves no mention here.He fought nobody that can really punch hard.

Taylor hasn't knocked no one out for 4-5 years and he put'em down.With a clean shot on the head not in the back as you said.Froch even said he didn't see it coming and that's why he went down.

Comment

Matthew Saad Muhammad had one of the best chins in the business, and I say that not because he is my idol, but because it's true. He could absorb enormous amounts of punishment and still came back and knocked out his opponents. Just look at the second Yaqui Lopez fight.

He was more vulnerable to body punches, but who isn't? Qawi made use of that when he stopped him twice.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
              James went all the way up to Heavyweight and fought some big hitters there. Never stopped and seldom ever hurt, James fought the best out there and took big punches from some of the top guys in the sport.
              fat Toney deserves no such spot

Originally posted by RockyB View Post
              All good.. i just miss Joe Frazier..
              I hope that's some kind of sick joke

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
                When was this list compiled?

James Toney and Saoul Mamby deserve a mention.

Mamby had a granite chin too.
                It's from Ring Magazine November 1990.

Comment

I still can't believe the amount of punishment Hagler absorbed from guys who could really bang without going down.

Comment

benny valgar had 240 bouts and was never knocked down!! much less koed. there are guys with 200 to 400 bouts who where only koed once or twice. so we never will know. most top guys are up there because they are sooo tough and are catchers, but are almost impossible to ko. nelson took incredble punchers dozens of times and kept coming forward. lamotta, jeffries, all the rest mentioned by the writer had a real tough chin reputation. dempseys up there cause he had a chin like a rock, was never koed- he threw the flynn fight, and took hard punches while coming in fast compunding the effect. there are so many however, especially many years ago when there were alot ,alot of pros and amatuers. survival of the toughest and the smartestes

Comment

James Toney got floored like 3 times by Sam Peter's jab.

Comment

Working...
                      X