No announcement yet.

Jim McNeill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim McNeill

Just thought i'd highlight this fellows name as I have just finished a second book of his.
    The two books he has written on boxing are called:

That Night in the Garden Which is a selection of fights from Madison Square Garden's long history. The selection is varied and the fights are well covered and the background information is well researched

They Could've Been Contenders This covers a number of fighters who for one reason or another didn't get their shot at a title. Covers such fighters as Jimmy Bivens, Joe Baksi, Burley etc etc.

He has a nice style and both books are well researched and informative and not as biased as many boxing writers can be.
    I have read a fair few books on boxing and these rank up near the top IMO. Both books were written around 2001 and 2002 and I had never heard of them until I took a gamble recently.

Anyhow those who enjoy that kind of thing try and get hold of them you will enjoy them. And no I'm not on commission!

Originally posted by GJC View Post
    Just thought i'd highlight this fellows name as I have just finished a second book of his.
    The two books he has written on boxing are called:

That Night in the Garden Which is a selection of fights from Madison Square Garden's long history. The selection is varied and the fights are well covered and the background information is well researched

They Could've Been Contenders This covers a number of fighters who for one reason or another didn't get their shot at a title. Covers such fighters as Jimmy Bivens, Joe Baksi, Burley etc etc.

He has a nice style and both books are well researched and informative and not as biased as many boxing writers can be.
    I have read a fair few books on boxing and these rank up near the top IMO. Both books were written around 2001 and 2002 and I had never heard of them until I took a gamble recently.

Anyhow those who enjoy that kind of thing try and get hold of them you will enjoy them. And no I'm not on commission!
    I'll have to have a look at them,...... here is a Song (I know it's not a Thread subject),....... ,,,,,, A Song for GJC from an Aussie,...... I hope you like it,............................................ .

Comment

Working...
    X