Rock Vs Iron ( Marciano V Tyson )

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Vs Iron ( Marciano V Tyson )

In a 15 Round fight Who would Win?

Both have there advantages, Both have Flaws, Both have terrific Power.

I think this Fight would be told after the first 3 Rounds. Im not saying Mike would Tire after 3, But you got to admit The longer this goes the better it is For Rock.

i can see this going either way.

I can see Tyson Stopping Rock While he is Cold.
    But i also see Rocky weathering the storm and Breaking Mike Down.

Lets Hear Your Opinion

Tyson TKOs Marciano inside 3 rounds. But if somehow Marciano managed to last 10 rounds, by some miracle of god, he'd prolly score a TKO late.

Comment

I respect Your Opinion, but im curious, Why would it take a miracle of god to weather the storm? Many quality fighters have survived against Mike, were they Miracles?

Comment

Originally posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post
        I respect Your Opinion, but im curious, Why would it take a miracle of god to weather the storm? Many quality fighters have survived against Mike, were they Miracles?

Mike fought pretty big dudes, and most of the ones who survived utilized some pretty effective defensive strategies. Marciano was small, and was there to be hit. I'm not saying his defense was terrible, but the awkward leaning he did wouldn't do much good against a guy around his height with hands 3 times as fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
          Mike fought pretty big dudes, and most of the ones who survived utilized some pretty effective defensive strategies. Marciano was small, and was there to be hit. I'm not saying his defense was terrible, but the awkward leaning he did wouldn't do much good against a guy around his height with hands 3 times as fast.
          I respect that.

But, Looking At Marciano's Fights, and Seeing his determination his comitment, his Chin and Toughness, I wouldnt go as far as to say it would be a miracle if Rock survived against Mike. Its acually very Possible. If Rocky could get on the inside he may just do that, Mike has proven Many time that He wont do much if you are all over him, It was acually a huge part of Evanders plan to beat Mike, Notice when Evander goes inside and works the Body Mike does Very little,

Comment

I respect that.

But, Looking At Marciano's Fights, and Seeing his determination his comitment, his Chin and Toughness, I wouldnt go as far as to say it would be a miracle if Rock survived against Mike. Its acually very Possible. If Rocky could get on the inside he may just do that, Mike has proven Many time that He wont do much if you are all over him, It was acually a huge part of Evanders plan to beat Mike, Notice when Evander goes inside and works the Body Mike does Very little,
            Marciano can't fight like Evander. Nor was mike in his prime when he met Evander... Evander's headbutts were also a big part in making mike uncomfortable. The headbutts would not have been effective if Evander wasn't taller. Marciano however is the shorter man.

Comment

Was Rocky Marciano really 5'10" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
                Marciano can't fight like Evander. Nor was mike in his prime when he met Evander... Evander's headbutts were also a big part in making mike uncomfortable. The headbutts would not have been effective if Evander wasn't taller. Marciano however is the shorter man.

Hehe, the Headbutt is always in Evanders plan, Not only for Mike hehe. The Point i was Making is that Mike doesnt like to be Smothered , I am not just pointing out Evander, Many fighters beat Mike on the inside, and at Times Mike Juts stands there while being hit to the Body. Yes Rocky is the Smaller man, But thats how Rock Likes it, His Whole Career was about Beating Odds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric Doc View Post
                  Was Rocky Marciano really 5'10" ?
                  He Was 5ft 10 1/4in

Comment

Hehe, the Headbutt is always in Evanders plan, Not only for Mike hehe. The Point i was Making is that Mike doesnt like to be Smothered , I am not just pointing out Evander, Many fighters beat Mike on the inside, and at Times Mike Juts stands there while being hit to the Body. Yes Rocky is the Smaller man, But thats how Rock Likes it, His Whole Career was about Beating Odds.
                    Problem with Marciano was that he was a small man that did NOT beat big men. Joe Louis is the only rated guy he ever faced that was simultaneously 6+ ft and 200+ lbs. For a guy with 49 fights does that not seem odd to you? Tyson KOed big guys, Dempsey KOed big guys, Frazier KOed big guys...Marciano avoided them.

Rated Guys Marciano Fought:

Moore – Height: 5'11" || Weight: 188 lbs || Reach: 75”
                    Cockell – Height: 5'11" || Weight: 205 lbs || Reach: 71”
                    Charles – Height: 6'0" || Weight: 185 ½ & 192 ½ lbs || Reach: 73”
                    LaStarza – Height: 6'0" || Weight: 187 & 184 ¾ lbs || Reach: ??
                    Walcott – Height: 6'0" || Weight: 196 ½ & 197 ¾ lbs || Reach: 74”
                    Matthews – Height: 5'10 ¾” || Weight: 179 lbs || Reach: ??
                    Layne – Height: 6'1 || Weight: 193 lbs || Reach: ??
                    Louis – Height: 6'2" || Weight: 213 ¾ lbs || Reach: 76”

Rated Guys Marciano didn't fight:

This list shows the highest rank these fighters had in brackets and their current record in parenthesis

Nino Valdez [1] - 6’3” – 210 – (48-19-2)
                    Bob Baker [2] - 6’2” – 215 – (51-16-1)
                    Dan Bucceroni [3] - 6’2” – 190 – (46-6)
                    Tommy Jackson [3]- 6' 3½” – 195 – (34-9-1)
                    John Holman [4] - 6’3” – 205 (27-17-1)
                    Earl Walls [5] - 6'2½” – 192 – (34-9-1)
                    Heinz Neuhaus [6] – 6’2” – 212 (43-9-7)
                    Karel Sys [9] – 5’11” – 210 – (114-17-10)
                    Young Jack Johnson [9] – 6’3” – 208 – (24-20-1)
                    Coley Wallace [10] – 6’2” – 205 – (20-7)

7 of these 10 fighters weigh above 200 lbs. 6 of them are at least 6'2”. The remaining 3 fighters are 6'2”, 6'2 ½”, and 6'3 ½”. Given the dimensions of the top contenders Marciano did fight, there seems to be a severe disparity in size compared to the one's he didn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X