No announcement yet.

Joe Frazier vs Vitali Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough call.

I'm obviously a huge Joe Frazier fan and my heart is screaming that Frazier wins this one, but my head is telling me something entirely different.

I like Frazier's chances against Wladimir a lot better than against Vitali. Wlad has spurts where he's simply intent to work behind the jab, and Frazier got around the jab better than any other pressure fighter I've ever seen.

Sure ; he got tagged with a lot of them as well. But they never really seemed to phase him, he could eat them all night long if he had to.

Against Wlad I see Frazier chopping him down.

Against Vitali though, I see Vitali doing the chopping.

Comment

going by the replys on this subgect we should now rewrite the heavyweight ATG list and start with
      No1 Valuev - 7ft 1ins
      No2 Terrell - 6ft 7ins
      No3 Vitali - 6ft 7ins
      No4 Willard - 6ft 7ins
      No5 Carnera - 6ft 6ins
      No6 Bowe - 6ft 6ins
      No7 Bonecrusher 6ft 5ins
      No8 Foreman - 6ft 5ins
      No9 Lewis 6ft 5ins
      No10 Tucker 6ft 5ins

The above 10 fighters easily beat Frazier, Ali, Holyfield, Tyson, Louis, Dempsey, Johnson, Marciano, Charles simply because they are far to big and tall ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa...Valuev is the greatest heavyweight in the history of boxing

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
        One thing a lot of fighters seem to lack now is intensity. That would give Klitschko problems in itself. Very hard fight for Frazier though.
        So true... You're one of the few people who realize this..

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          going by the replys on this subgect we should now rewrite the heavyweight ATG list and start with
          No1 Valuev - 7ft 1ins
          No2 Terrell - 6ft 7ins
          No3 Vitali - 6ft 7ins
          No4 Willard - 6ft 7ins
          No5 Carnera - 6ft 6ins
          No6 Bowe - 6ft 6ins
          No7 Bonecrusher 6ft 5ins
          No8 Foreman - 6ft 5ins
          No9 Lewis 6ft 5ins
          No10 Tucker 6ft 5ins

The above 10 fighters easily beat Frazier, Ali, Holyfield, Tyson, Louis, Dempsey, Johnson, Marciano, Charles simply because they are far to big and tall ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa...Valuev is the greatest heavyweight in the history of boxing
          Forget the Ambling Alp.. Small fry!.. Buddy Baer was 6 feet & 6 & a half inches, & would'a beat Carnera the same way Max did..

Comment

Originally posted by princemanspoper View Post
            You're a damned fool,They both quit you ignorant dolt.both men asked their trainers to cover their backsides the humiliation of quiting themselves

they quit in disgrace and their careers and legacy shows as such
            Your a single cell embryo who can only calculate 1+1 = 1 dimensional opinion, shared between 2 alts.. Your brain isn't capable of retaining more than 2.. That's why you only have 2 alts.. If you were clever, you'd have more.. Dimwit!
            Last edited by mickey malone; 07-28-2009, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              Tough call.

I'm obviously a huge Joe Frazier fan and my heart is screaming that Frazier wins this one, but my head is telling me something entirely different.

I like Frazier's chances against Wladimir a lot better than against Vitali. Wlad has spurts where he's simply intent to work behind the jab, and Frazier got around the jab better than any other pressure fighter I've ever seen.

Sure ; he got tagged with a lot of them as well. But they never really seemed to phase him, he could eat them all night long if he had to.

Against Wlad I see Frazier chopping him down.

Against Vitali though, I see Vitali doing the chopping.

.......................Me to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                .......................Me to.
                Makes 3 of us..

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                  Makes 3 of us..

Comment

Originally posted by princemanspoper View Post
                    You're a damned fool,They both quit you ignorant dolt.both men asked their trainers to cover their backsides the humiliation of quiting themselves

they quit in disgrace and their careers and legacy shows as such
                    "Joe," said his manager, Eddie Futch, "I'm going to stop it."

"No, no, Eddie, ya can't do that to me," Frazier pleaded, his thick tongue barely getting the words out. He started to rise.

"You couldn't see in the last two rounds," said Futch. "What makes ya think ya gonna see in the 15th?"

"I want him, boss," said Frazier.

"Sit down, son," said Futch, pressing his hand on Frazier's shoulder. "It's all over. No one will ever forget what you did here today."

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow View Post
                      (Frazier did NOT have a glass chin, if he did he wouldnt of been champion to begin with),
                      His chin was tried,His chin was tested and his chin failed,Joe fraziers supporters don't wish to admit it but the man had a suspect chin.Since when has a glass jaw prohibited success in the ring? Many champions have given us lol moments when knocked down by the faintest of punches

Makes 3 of us..
                      :bukkake:

Your a single cell embryo who can only calculate 1+1 = 1 dimensional opinion, shared between 2 alts.. Your brain isn't capable of retaining more than 2.. That's why you only have 2 alts.. If you were clever, you'd have more.. Dimwit!
                      I'm still waiting for such proof fruitcake

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                      "Joe," said his manager, Eddie Futch, "I'm going to stop it."

"No, no, Eddie, ya can't do that to me," Frazier pleaded, his thick tongue barely getting the words out. He started to rise.

"You couldn't see in the last two rounds," said Futch. "What makes ya think ya gonna see in the 15th?"

"I want him, boss," said Frazier.

"Sit down, son," said Futch, pressing his hand on Frazier's shoulder. "It's all over. No one will ever forget what you did here today."

It's well documented how much futch felt for frazier,He was by far his most favourite pupil.He would never have frazier disgrace himself by quitting infront of the whole world,futch worked on the fly and told frazier to follow his lead and it lead to frazier looking like the warrior he never was

There are somethings you can't learn through internet forums and books

Comment

Working...
                      X