No announcement yet.

Jack Dempsey GOAT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kinetic Linking View Post
    Nope. None of the fighters you mentioned come close to dempsey's pfp power. Robinson had great power and so did armstrong, but not like dempsey.

You can argue, as perhaps you're doing, that as a whole some of those fighters look better. But simply as a combination of movement and power, they don't come close, mainly because of the power. They just don't have anything close to his power pfp.
    So now your saying the reason Dempsey is the best of all time is due to his power and movement, like I said before your whole assessment can't be purely based on Dempseys power and movement. You have to look at Demspey's accomplishments, resume of wins and oppostion fought, this is a big factor on judging a fighters legacy and ranking.

If you don't look at these things, your way of rating is bogus.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
      Both Johnson and Dempsey are top 10 HW's IMO where you place them is a matter of opinion. Top 10 p4p? I doubt it in all honesty.
      Thank you very much. I agree 100%

They can't be compared.

Comment

dempsey was the best. ray arcel said so and he trained and or saw them all. knew all of there styles, strenghts, weakness. yes power, moves, and chin

Comment

To call Dempsey the best of all time is outragous. He was a great fighter, but no were near the best of all time, to think otherwise is just stupid.

Comment

tell that to arcel when alive.

Comment

Working...
            X