Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muhammed Ali And Joe Louis: Who's The Greatest Heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxingbuff View Post
    Again....Forman,Liston,and Frazier had a much better KO ratio than Ali.

BUT,Ali beat all three....And stopped all three!

I'm talking about PRIME Forman,Frazier,and Liston.

BTW-Ali beat and stopped two(Forman and Frazier) after his 3 1/2 year lay-off.So Louis having a better KO ratio than Ali means nothing.
    It does when deciding between these 2.. To be honest, I don't care, I was a Louis fan b4 most people on this site were even born.. Nothing's ever gonna change.. He owns Ali, Foreman, Frazier & Liston 6 times outta 10 every time, because he has the least weaknesses & the better all round resume.. And as I keep saying.. It's all pretty close... Louis is the man!.... No1 HW of all time...
    I can be dissuaded with other fighters, but never Joe Louis.. If it wasn't for World War 2, he'd have had over 30 title defenses.. Ali allowed his political beliefs to interfere with his boxing, where as Louis made the best of it by joining the army & keeping his hand in while doing exhibitions.. Ali just preached while losing his edge & eventually coming back to get bashed by Frazier.. Ok.... He put it all right, but what an unnecessary interuption.....

Comment

• Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
      It does when deciding between these 2.. To be honest, I don't care, I was a Louis fan b4 most people on this site were even born.. Nothing's ever gonna change.. He owns Ali, Foreman, Frazier & Liston 6 times outta 10 every time, because he has the least weaknesses & the better all round resume.. And as I keep saying.. It's all pretty close... Louis is the man!.... No1 HW of all time...
      I can be dissuaded with other fighters, but never Joe Louis.. If it wasn't for World War 2, he'd have had over 30 title defenses.. Ali allowed his political beliefs to interfere with his boxing, where as Louis made the best of it by joining the army & keeping his hand in while doing exhibitions.. Ali just preached while losing his edge & eventually coming back to get bashed by Frazier.. Ok.... He put it all right, but what an unnecessary interuption.....
      I was an Ali fan back in the 1970s.....then I discovered just what he did to Joe Frazier and I ceased being a fan. Now, while I admire Ali's abilities as a fighter, I can't claim him as a favorite. In the 1980s I discovered Joe Louis and he rapidly climbed the ladder to be my all-time favorite fighter and he only becomes more firmly entrenched there the more I watch footage of him.

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        I was an Ali fan back in the 1970s.....then I discovered just what he did to Joe Frazier and I ceased being a fan. Now, while I admire Ali's abilities as a fighter, I can't claim him as a favorite. In the 1980s I discovered Joe Louis and he rapidly climbed the ladder to be my all-time favorite fighter and he only becomes more firmly entrenched there the more I watch footage of him.

Poet
        He was something else Poet.. Believe me... Something else!
        Didn't suffer fools gladly... That's 4 sure...

Comment

• Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
          He was something else Poet.. Believe me... Something else!
          Didn't suffer fools gladly... That's 4 sure...
          All business in the ring.....many opponents found his emotionless in-ring demeanor as intimidating as anything Liston, Foreman, or Tyson could come up with.

Poet

Comment

All business in the ring.....many opponents found his emotionless in-ring demeanor as intimidating as anything Liston, Foreman, or Tyson could come up with.

Poet
            Creeping Death....

Comment

• I love em both, great resumes. LEGENDS!

But I defy any one to watch the peak Louis face Tommy Farr and then Billy Conn 1. Then watch the You tube videos of Ali vs Williams, Terrell and Folley.

I'll be very much suprised if anyone truely believes Ali wouldn't beat Joe. Ali was Joe's stylistic nightmare and was better in every department than Farr and Conn!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                  I love em both, great resumes. LEGENDS!

But I defy any one to watch the peak Louis face Tommy Farr and then Billy Conn 1. Then watch the You tube videos of Ali vs Williams, Terrell and Folley.

I'll be very much suprised if anyone truely believes Ali wouldn't beat Joe. Ali was Joe's stylistic nightmare and was better in every department than Farr and Conn!
                  Like I said in the initial post, despite the fact that Louis is my favorite I feel Ali edges him for the top spot among Heavyweights due to his unreal speed and reflexes. If they fought ten times I see Ali edging the series 6 to 4. That being said, maybe some of the posters who favor Louis will make arguments that will change my mind.

Poet

Comment

Like I said in the initial post, despite the fact that Louis is my favorite I feel Ali edges him for the top spot among Heavyweights due to his unreal speed and reflexes. If they fought ten times I see Ali edging the series 6 to 4. That being said, maybe some of the posters who favor Louis will make arguments that will change my mind.

Poet
                    i disagree with your post

Comment

• Originally posted by winky44 View Post
                      i disagree with your post
                      Whatever.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X