No announcement yet.

Top 5 Most Brutal Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    I'm surprised no one else remembered the Williams - Sosa fight: It was the one the doctor stopped to fight without a winner because it was "too brutal to be allowed to continue".

Poet
    Must admit, my honorable friend, That's one I must have missed, but if you're referring to 'Prince Charles' he had a few of these... Vs Czyz was another!

Comment

Heavy weights:

Dempsey-Jess Willard

Dempsey-Louis Firpo

Ali-Frazier-111

Comment

very nice posts folks! most of them have been named here though.

only one thing, I guess "brutal" must have somehow something to do with "dirty," "stunning" or even "fatal" because many ones were hell of thrilling fights but still I would not refer them as "brutal," seems to me they are clearly sportive and then cannot be totally brutal:

ie. Hagler-mugabi, Jose Luis Ramirez-Chapo Rosario, Chavez-Taylor, and indeed paramount fights like Foreman-Lyle, Hagler-Hearns.

maybe some other brutal kind of KOs do apply for or appear "brutal" at first sight

ie. Monzon-Benvenuti 1, Paquiao-Hatton, all early Tysons fights,

and other brutal kind of KOs are definetively brutal beyond doubt:

ie. Hearns-Duran, Hearns-Cuevas, Cuevas-Campanino, and most of Gatti's, Tony Ayala's or Bobby Chacon's.

But then, back to the initial point, some others deserve instant "brutal" status:

- Benn-McClelland, Mancini-Kim, Vitaly-Lewis

also looking at Golota-Bowe serie theres some brutal material too, probably have also something to do with the dirty stuff of the polish.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
          Benn McClellan
          Pintor Owen
          Minter Jaccapuci
          Eubank Watson 2
          Griffith Paret

I know it makes ugly reading, but if I'm honest.. They're the worst I've ever seen...
          yes i agree with your choice they are all brutal fights, add Frazier v Quarry (2) Bowe v Golota (2) Fullmer v Paret, Holyfield v Cooper, Tom Collins v Leonzar Barber,

Comment

Originally posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post
            Hey All

On the top of your head, Choose in your opinion the top 5 most Brutal fights you have seen. im not sure with my top 5 yet but Foreman Vs Lyle and Ward Vs Gatti are going to be on my list.

ROOSTER
            I don't know about Top5 in order,,,, but I can name some of the most brutal fights I've ever seen film of....... I back them up with the journalistic works, which vouch for how brutal the beatings were,,.... here's 5 of the best... 1. Dempsey V Willard --- 2. Dempsey vs Firpo --------- 3. Les Darcy Vs Eddie McGoorty (1st fight, 4 knockdowns in the 15th). ------------------- 4. Firpo Vs Bill Brennan -------- 5. Freddie Steele Vs Vince Dundee..... ---------------------------------------------------------------- A few more to consider ... Basilio Vs T. DeMarco ----- Ike Williams Vs Beau Jack .... Moore Vs Durelle I

Comment

Originally posted by VINXGC View Post
              very nice posts folks! most of them have been named here though.

only one thing, I guess "brutal" must have somehow something to do with "dirty," "stunning" or even "fatal" because many ones were hell of thrilling fights but still I would not refer them as "brutal," seems to me they are clearly sportive and then cannot be totally brutal:

ie. Hagler-mugabi, Jose Luis Ramirez-Chapo Rosario, Chavez-Taylor, and indeed paramount fights like Foreman-Lyle, Hagler-Hearns.

maybe some other brutal kind of KOs do apply for or appear "brutal" at first sight

ie. Monzon-Benvenuti 1, Paquiao-Hatton, all early Tysons fights,

and other brutal kind of KOs are definetively brutal beyond doubt:

ie. Hearns-Duran, Hearns-Cuevas, Cuevas-Campanino, and most of Gatti's, Tony Ayala's or Bobby Chacon's.

But then, back to the initial point, some others deserve instant "brutal" status:

- Benn-McClelland, Mancini-Kim, Vitaly-Lewis

also looking at Golota-Bowe serie theres some brutal material too, probably have also something to do with the dirty stuff of the polish.
              Just count how many times Freddie Steele knocked down Vince Dundee... this fight is the definition of brutal......

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                I don't know about Top5 in order,,,, but I can name some of the most brutal fights I've ever seen film of....... I back them up with the journalistic works, which vouch for how brutal the beatings were,,.... here's 5 of the best... 1. Dempsey V Willard --- 2. Dempsey vs Firpo --------- 3. Les Darcy Vs Eddie McGoorty (1st fight, 4 knockdowns in the 15th). ------------------- 4. Firpo Vs Bill Brennan -------- 5. Freddie Steele Vs Vince Dundee..... ---------------------------------------------------------------- A few more to consider ... Basilio Vs T. DeMarco ----- Ike Williams Vs Beau Jack .... Moore Vs Durelle I
                One of the most BRUTAL K.O.'s of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                  One of the most BRUTAL K.O.'s of all time.
                  I should put Moore V Durelle I up, but I'll let the GREAT A put them up if he wants to. Or why not visit his Channel..... surely one of the best boxing sites anywhere, and that fight is A MUST SEE..... if you have not seen it,.... you really have missed out.

Comment

Working...
                  X