No announcement yet.

Favorite Boxing Quote's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ylem122 View Post

"The bigger they are the harder they fall" ?
    I think Barbados Joe Walcott is credited with coining that one.

Comment

The harder I train, the luckier I get! Willie Pastrano

What happened?? Lennox Lewis (immediately after being KO'd by Rahman)

No Way did that just happen to me... Lewis (being interviewed 10 minutes later)

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
        The harder I train, the luckier I get! Willie Pastrano
        I thought it was Gary Player was said that?

Comment

Originally posted by Kid McCoy View Post
          I thought it was Gary Player was said that?
          Nope... He came out with that after beating Terry Downes in England..
          Harry Carpenter was doing the post fight interviews.. He'd jokingly said that Willie was known as a lucky fighter to which he retorted the aforementioned..
          When interviewing Downes (KO'd by 11) he mentioned that Pastrano wasn't a very hard puncher, to which Downes responded, "Well if you think that Harry, why don't you get in the ring with him."
          My guess is that Player was a secret boxing fan & copied Pastrano.. Besides you don't exactly train to play golf...lol.. More like practice really..

Comment

"A champion is somebody who gets up when he can't" - Jack Dempsey.

"Honey, I forgot to duck!" Jack Dempsey - post Gene Tunney I.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=263521

Comment

Willie Pep, talking to an old opponent years after each retired. “Do you recognize me?” the old opponent asked. Willie looked hard and considered before finally replying “Lie down so I can recognize you.”

Comment

Paul Williams,"if they scared they should go play hopscotch or something,ya dig''?

Comment

Originally posted by CCobra View Post
                    "A champion is somebody who gets up when he can't" - Jack Dempsey.
                    That's one of my all-time favorites. Yogi Berra would be proud of him.

Comment

:I was gonna rip his heart out. I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, the most ruthless champion there has ever been. No one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No! He's no Alexander! I'm Alexander! I'm the best ever. I'm Sonny Liston. I'm Jack Dempsey. There's never been anyone like me. I'm from their cloth. There is no one who can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want his heart! I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah!

damn son.......

Comment

Working...
                      X