No announcement yet.

Bobby Czyz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by badblood View Post
    Czyz claimed that Holyfield had hot sauce on his gloves.
    He said a substance, not hot sauce.

Loser.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
      What are your thoughts Bobby czyz in and outside the ring? heard back in the day him and tony ayala jr's spars were the stuff all out wars.

Czyz was a member of the U.S. Amateur Boxing Team that perished in a plane crash in Poland in 1980. An injury from an auto accident one week before the flight prevented Czyz from making the trip.
      Amateur record of 24-2.
      Shortly after suffering his first pro loss to Mustafa Hamsho, Czyz's father committed suicide.
      For nearly a decade, Czyz was a commentator for Showtime Championship Boxing.
      Polish-American Sports Hall of Fame inductee.
      New Jersey Boxing Hall of Fame inductee.
      Hideously underrated fighter!!

Fought the best in all weights from M upwards.. Got robbed a few times to..
      Great fight between him & Chas Williams... Think he got stopped late, after both fighters had KD one another..

The last time I saw him was at heavy V's Holyfield.. Thought the fight was stopped too early... Was that his last fight?

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
        Hideously underrated fighter!!

Fought the best in all weights from M upwards.. Got robbed a few times to..
        Great fight between him & Chas Williams... Think he got stopped late, after both fighters had KD one another..

The last time I saw him was at heavy V's Holyfield.. Thought the fight was stopped too early... Was that his last fight?
        I think it was his last fight, yeah i have always said bobby was very underated, manny steward said that he didnt want tommy hearns haveing nothing to do with bobby, manny said in an interview bobby was all wrong for thomas thats why i never made the match

Comment

For me Czyz vs Hearns is one of the best fights of the 90's not to happen

Comment

Czyz was an entertaining fighter, a lot of his fights were wars, was at his best at light heavyweight. Pretty good commentator too.

Comment

Czyz was always entertaining and regarded as a top notch fighter when he was LHW champion where he had a decent run. I especially remember his fights with Prince Charles Williams as excellent fights. Williams was only considered a journeyman when he fought Czyz but Bobby was completely destroyed.

Czyz career above LHW is forgettable.

Outside the ring Czyz is remembered as a highly intellegent boxer. I think he was a member of MENSA.

Comment

Originally posted by badblood View Post
                Czyz claimed that Holyfield had hot sauce on his gloves.
                Here's what Czyz says about this incident:

"Tell me about the controversy surrounding your fight with Evander Holyfield…

BC: Yeah, after the second round, I came back to the corner and my face started to burn really bad and my eyes were burning, but I knew that it was not… you know like an Indian sun tan when somebody rubs your arm real hard. This was not a friction burn, this was a chemical burn. I could feel my eyes burning, and my face burning, and I said to Tommy “something’s wrong” and it started getting worse, to the point where my vision started getting cloudy. To this day, I used to have 20/15 vision, that’s how good my vision was, and after the fight it was 20/35 to 20/40, and to this day that pisses me off. I had a plastic surgeon and an optometrist certify that what was used on my face was nothing short of a serious exfoliating agent. Something peeled my entire face, the skin off. Within two days, my entire face peeled off. I don’t know of anybody that punches you like that, and that becomes the result. You can’t punch somebody’s skin off, you peel it off with a chemical. And that is what the controversy was about. I had other problems with my back at that time in my career, and Tommy Parks and I were talking in the corner and I thought he was eluding to something in my back and it became confusion because my eyes were what was killing me. "

Comment

I thought he was a class act, in the ring and out.

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Gans-Biogr.../dp/0786439947

Comment

class act he was ...

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
                      I think it was his last fight, yeah i have always said bobby was very underated, manny steward said that he didnt want tommy hearns haveing nothing to do with bobby, manny said in an interview bobby was all wrong for thomas thats why i never made the match
                      Can see his train of thought... Not too disimilar to Barkley...

That would'a been good..... Czyz Barkley

Comment

Working...
                      X