No announcement yet.

The 5 boxers Dela Hoya didnt fought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.Ellerbe View Post
    well in all fairness he did offer winky 6m for a fight in september 2006 i believe
    Delahoya never offered Wright any money for a fight and definitely not 6 million. No way Wright would have turned that down for any reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
      Delahoya never offered Wright any money for a fight and definitely not 6 million. No way Wright would have turned that down for any reason.
      I see you are from Yorba Linda. I grew up in Norco, not too far away from you. Of course I am in Hickville Ohio now.

Comment

Originally posted by freudianfloyd View Post
        I see you are from Yorba Linda. I grew up in Norco, not too far away from you. Of course I am in Hickville Ohio now.
        My Mom is from Ohio. She moved out here to california before I was born. She actually misses Ohio. Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
          I wouldn't have minded seein a DLH-Forrest fight, but I was never too keen on it. Prime Vernon coulda given em hell, but I think DLH at his best woulda taken him. Winky I always felt woulda whomped DLH and I think DLH damn well knew it. I wish that fight woulda happened. I also never figured on a Marg fight happenin, but it woulda been cool to see. Had DLH faced him I think Marg woulda destroyed him at 147 or 154 tbh.
          agreed with the point in bold

i think forrest would have beat DLH as well

if theres one fight that i could have made there it would have been the tszyu fight, maybe because tszyu is one of favourite fighters but i think it would have been a great, fan friendly fight to watch

Comment

DLH had 23 world title fights.. Hard to beat

Comment

He would have had to bend time itself to fit these guys in to his already packed resume

Comment

Lets be honest, heres five fighters Oscar did face!!!!! All have arguably held the pound for pound number 1 or 2 spot at a point in time near to when Oscar fought them too.

1) Floyd Mayweather
                2) Bernard Hopkins
                3) Felix Trinidad
                4) Shane Mosley
                5) Manny Pacquiou

That list doesn't even include Ike Quartey or Pernell Whitakker!!

Comment

I don't think anyone in their right mind can accuse Oscar of ducking people. His level of opposition, win or lose, is absolutely incredible.

Off topic, I always felt Oscar performed best when people got under his skin/trash talked him. The Vargas and Mayorga destructions he looked like he meant business from the off. Even the Floyd fight he was very determined to pull out a W. Just something that popped into my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                    Lets be honest, heres five fighters Oscar did face!!!!! All have arguably held the pound for pound number 1 or 2 spot at a point in time near to when Oscar fought them too.

1) Floyd Mayweather
                    2) Bernard Hopkins
                    3) Felix Trinidad
                    4) Shane Mosley
                    5) Manny Pacquiou

That list doesn't even include Ike Quartey or Pernell Whitakker!!

No question that Oscar fought top fighters although the timing on some of them are suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid McCoy View Post
                      That sort of list can be done with anyone. Virtually any boxer in history can be accused of not meeting this or that fighter. When one considers the number of guaranteed Hall of Famers and assorted top contenders Oscar did face, he hardly qualifies as a serial ducker.
                      True
                      When we consider he jumped in weight to challenge Hopkins and met Trinidad and Quartey to unify the welterweight title, it is hard to imagine him "ducking" some of these fighters, perhaps "Interesting matchups that didn't happen" might be more suitable.

Comment

Working...
                      X