Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My select few fighters that made boxing simply unmissable.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My select few fighters that made boxing simply unmissable.

Forget the very recent 37 year old heavyweight Rogan fighting 42 year old punchbag , Matt Skelton or Audley Harrison`s latest excuses for his latest dismal performance, Im talking about the fighters who when they stepped in the ring.................you would be throwing people out of your way to get to see them.

Julian Jackson
    One casual glance away from the screen, and it could be savagely all over, just ask Herol Graham.

Thomas Hearns
    I couldnt even have envisaged a bad fight with the hitman taking part in it.

Azumah Nelson
    Barry McGuigan ducked this guy, he knew better than to take him on, Nelson was a true class act.

Floyd Mayweather jr
    Ducked nobody and has nothing to prove, a very exciting fighter to watch.

Roberto Duran
    The man just kept coming back and was a true warrior , he embodied the fighting spirit.

Sugar Ray Leonard
    Didnt care for him as a middleweight, robbed Marvin Hagler blind in 87 , but as a welterweight, the man was simply invincible and captivating to watch.

Boxing in 09 is in a very very sad state indeed with old men well past their prime fighting for major titles, the fighters I listed made my pulse quicken and my heart race, they were destroying all around them before they were in their mid 20s, none of your fighting jokes like Audley Harrison or Naseem Hamed being title contenders in those days. Which fighters made your pulse quicken too ?

Originally posted by Knocked Cold View Post
    Forget the very recent 37 year old heavyweight Rogan fighting 42 year old punchbag , Matt Skelton or Audley Harrison`s latest excuses for his latest dismal performance, Im talking about the fighters who when they stepped in the ring.................you would be throwing people out of your way to get to see them.

Julian Jackson
    One casual glance away from the screen, and it could be savagely all over, just ask Herol Graham.

Thomas Hearns

Azumah Nelson
    Barry McGuigan ducked this guy, he knew better than to take him on, Nelson was a true class act.

Floyd Mayweather jr
    Roberto Duran
    The man just kept coming back and was a true warrior , he embodied the fighting spirit.

Sugar Ray Leonard
    Didnt care for him as a middleweight, robbed Marvin Hagler blind in 87 , but as a welterweight, the man was simply invincible and captivating to watch.

Boxing in 09 is in a very very sad state indeed with old men well past their prime fighting for major titles, the fighters I listed made my pulse quicken and my heart race, they were destroying all around them before they were in their mid 20s, none of your fighting jokes like Audley Harrison or Naseem Hamed being title contenders in those days. Which fighters made your pulse quicken too ?

lmao. yea floyd ducked nobody my ass... who the hell didnt he duck is the better question..........

Comment

Originally posted by Knocked Cold View Post

Julian Jackson

Thomas Hearns

Azumah Nelson

Floyd Mayweather jr

Roberto Duran

Sugar Ray Leonard

I don't think you could call Mayweather really exciting to watch unless you were a hardcore fan. Casual fans would appreciate the Barrera vs Morales, Vazquez vs Marquez sort of fights and therefore fighters who put on a good show.

Comment

Working...
      X