No announcement yet.

Who was better?Tyson or Holyfield?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnny swift
    Holyfield was better. Faced and beat better competition. Even beat Mike Tyson twice. But Tysons 3 year reign of terror was more memorable than Holyfield's reign.
    I must admit I was pleased when Holy got the title because no matter who Holyfield fought it was generally prettyy competitive. I was getting bored of seeing one round wash outs at 3.30am on a sunday morning.

Comment

Holyfield.

Comment

fame wise tyson
        respect wise holyfeild

i respect holyfeild bc hes faught and beat some of the greatest
        i beleive tyson is way more famous though

Comment

In there Primes Tyson was muuuch better than Holyfield. Guys that Holyfield struggled to beat in 12 rounds Mike anhilated them in 4 rounds or less. But after Tyson got out of prison its a different story.

Larry Holmes
          Holyfield UD 12
          Tyson KO4

Alex Stewart
          HOlyfield UD 12
          Holyfield TKO 8
          Tyson KO1

Henry Tilman
          Holyfield TKO 7
          Tyson KO 1

Comment

Originally posted by tikal
            In there Primes Tyson was muuuch better than Holyfield. Guys that Holyfield struggled to beat in 12 rounds Mike anhilated them in 4 rounds or less. But after Tyson got out of prison its a different story.

Larry Holmes
            Holyfield UD 12
            Tyson KO4

Alex Stewart
            HOlyfield UD 12
            Holyfield TKO 8
            Tyson KO1

Henry Tilman
            Holyfield TKO 7
            Tyson KO 1
            i agree a 100% on this post

Comment

I.M.O Prime Tyson was better.

Comment

Gotta remember guys, no fighter is totally dominant in a division, because of different fighting styles. Theres always other an opponent out there, who style is awkard and neutralising to a champion's style.
                For instance, one of the reasons Holyf beat IRon Mike, is because Holyf fought smart, he counter-punched on flaws such as Mikes slack right hands in later rounds. Evander's qualities neutralised Mike's strengths. However, Theres no way Ruiz would beat Tyson, but Ruiz did beat Holyf (maybe becos he was out of his prime) We will never know who was better out of alot of the top ten heavyweights, and that is good, cos it brings excitement and a degree of unpredictably. If we knew who was the best, then no-one would care as much about boxing, or be on this great site.

Comment

This question is puzzling and i wanna keep wirting, but i know it will only be dribble. anyways, Holyf vs. Tyson will always one of the most memorable fights next to rumble in the jungle.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunna
                    Gotta remember guys, no fighter is totally dominant in a division, because of different fighting styles. Theres always other an opponent out there, who style is awkard and neutralising to a champion's style.
                    For instance, one of the reasons Holyf beat IRon Mike, is because Holyf fought smart, he counter-punched on flaws such as Mikes slack right hands in later rounds. Evander's qualities neutralised Mike's strengths. However, Theres no way Ruiz would beat Tyson, but Ruiz did beat Holyf (maybe becos he was out of his prime) We will never know who was better out of alot of the top ten heavyweights, and that is good, cos it brings excitement and a degree of unpredictably. If we knew who was the best, then no-one would care as much about boxing, or be on this great site.
                    Well said. I never could understand how Foreman was able to anihilate Frazier and Norton so easily but Ali would always have problems when fighting Norton and Frazier.

Comment

In a P4P sense Holyfields way ahead imo. At their best Tyson was the better heavyweight BUT probably would have still lost to Evander. Maybe Holyfield just had a thing over him.

Comment

Working...
                      X