Michael Spinks by decision
    43.48%
    Draw
    0%
    Bob Foster by KO/TKO
    21.74%
    Bob Foster by decision
    8.70%

Third greatest 175 pounder (foster) vs the fourth greatest 175 pounder. Foster has some difficulty at first, but rallies down the stretch to win a close but unanimous decision

Comment

Foster moving forward dragging his right leg while jabbing would not be effective against the Herky-Jerky style of Spinks.. Both carried dynamite in their right-hands but i see Spinks in the late rounds finding the openings and KOing Foster... Foster failed by KO everytime he moved up and fought the bigger guys yet Spinks was awesome against the big guys, (Holmes & Cooney)

Comment

foster is the third greatest LHW of all time? ahead of Michael Spinks? foster wouldn't and shouldn't rank above Roy Jones at LHW,nevermind Michael Spinks.

foster wasn't anything special,he just wasn't and is a perfect example of your typical boxing historian turning a blind eye and keeping their mouth shut in regards to discrediting his quite weak resume.

Comment

At 175 this is Fosters fight, but I don't think they'd be very much in it..
          Probably a SD, with Foster's snappier left jab being the difference.. They were both very dominant champs, with Foster the more so, but I'd say Spinks had a bit more quality on his resume.. Very close match up!

Comment

Foster gets a fair bit of stick on here for some reason, I think he was better than some give him credit for. That said Spinks for me in this match up.

Comment

If Foster and Spinks are #3 and #4, I must know who #1 and #2 are. Please don't say Roy Jones. Please say Ezzard Charles and Archie Moore. I'm not presuming anything, it's just I hear some things sometimes...
              Anyway, I don't think any LH ever clearly and unquestionably beats Michael Spinks in a no-brainer, and I pick Spinks by UD, 9-6 or 10-5.
              mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by blacklodge View Post
                If Foster and Spinks are #3 and #4, I must know who #1 and #2 are. Please don't say Roy Jones. Please say Ezzard Charles and Archie Moore. I'm not presuming anything, it's just I hear some things sometimes...
                Anyway, I don't think any LH ever clearly and unquestionably beats Michael Spinks in a no-brainer, and I pick Spinks by UD, 9-6 or 10-5.
                Of Course!..... Goes without saying..

Comment

I'd favor Spinks to win a narrow decision in a damn good fight.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post
                    I'd favor Spinks to win a narrow decision in a damn good fight.

Poet
                    - - Damn, Poet finally knowed it!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X