• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K9 View Post
    Fighters that chins were so sorry no one knows them. That was easy.haha

Yep. Well besides Charlie Zelenoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid McCoy View Post
      Four TKO losses in a career of almost 70 fights against a lot of damn good fighters from 147 through 175 does not equate to Hearns having a "glass jaw." His three meaningful KO losses were against Leonard, Hagler and Barkley, all of whom could punch, so there's no disgrace in being stopped by them. Obviously some fighters have lower punch resistance than others and are more vulnerable to being knocked out, but quite simply no boxer who couldn't take a punch could get to that level. The same goes for Lennox Lewis, Roy Jones, Floyd Patterson and various other elite level fighters seen as glass jawed.

The leonard fight was a good scrap, its not like it was a one punch KO or anything. He was winning the fight and got outworked towards the end, leonard showed better stamina and got to him but the fight shows his chin wasnt bad like people make it out to be.

Comment

Archie Moore ( Knocked down and or out numerous times by other middleweights in his prime)
        Wlad Klitchko ( The moment you land anything you hurt him no matter who you are)
        Floyd Patterson ( Knockdown 7 times in one round by Johannson)
        Lennox Lewis ( The only modern heavyweight that I can think of who was knocked out 2 times in championship fights with one punch)
        Buster Douglas ( No explanation needed)
        Earnie Shavers ( Twice he was knocked out in the first round by Jerry Quarry and Ron Standers, fighters who weren't huge punchers)
        Roy Jones Jr ( Once his speed left him and he started fighting better fighters you see how much of flawed fighter he really is)
        Gatti ( Alot of heart by even light punchers like Ivan Robinson hurt him big time)
        Andrew Golota ( Every fighter he faced who had any power at all knocked him out. His whole career was based on him beating a washed up Bowe)

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
          lets keep floyd mayweather jr as an option since like nobody yet had really tested it? haha. if he fought tszyu....???

worst chins belong to people we normally wouldnt hear about. and what is a "bad chin?" to me, i connsider this a grey subject.
          Let's not keep him as an option. If you actually went and viewed his fights you'd know that he has a solid chin. The guy has been caught and he has taken it. Corley, Burton, Chavez - had slugfests with them, Corley actually shook his boots. De La Hoya, Hatton.. Especially the latter two couldn't put him down. The only KD that he has suffered which wasn't ruled a KD was against Judah and that could be argued as an off balance slip.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
            I agree. Hearns' chin is what let him down in many of his fights but he could take a punch well enough. Hagler hit him with everything, I also remember that he pretty much laughed off a flush right hand by Duran and kept coming forward.

Norris, Seldon, Mayweather, Hide were being rocked by jabs.

Yep and the SRL fight wasnt really even a chin issue, he got worn down and credit due to SRL for pulling out the win but it was more a stamina thing than a chin thing IMO.

Comment

Brian Vera has the worst chin in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud American View Post
                Archie Moore ( Knocked down and or out numerous times by other middleweights in his prime)
                Wlad Klitchko ( The moment you land anything you hurt him no matter who you are)
                Floyd Patterson ( Knockdown 7 times in one round by Johannson)
                Lennox Lewis ( The only modern heavyweight that I can think of who was knocked out 2 times in championship fights with one punch)
                Buster Douglas ( No explanation needed)
                Earnie Shavers ( Twice he was knocked out in the first round by Jerry Quarry and Ron Standers, fighters who weren't huge punchers)
                Roy Jones Jr ( Once his speed left him and he started fighting better fighters you see how much of flawed fighter he really is)
                Gatti ( Alot of heart by even light punchers like Ivan Robinson hurt him big time)
                Andrew Golota ( Every fighter he faced who had any power at all knocked him out. His whole career was based on him beating a washed up Bowe)
                Lennox lewis no way, if he had a glass chin then he wouldn't of got through Tyson or tua or klits. I thought a glass chin was someone who got floored with nothing-average punches? If you look at the rahman fight that punch would of knocked out a horse so how can you take that into account? Plus wouldnt a heavyweight be exposed more than twice if he had a glass jaw?
                Btw I'm not saying he had a great chin but no way a glass one

Comment

nothing wrong with getting ko'd by Julian Jackson!!!

Comment

Originally posted by I AM... View Post
                    zelenoff is worse..he will quit after the first puch

Comment

Originally posted by I AM... View Post
                      That' a terrible record. 0 wins - 31 losses and to cap it off all by KO. Extremely demoralizing to lose that many times.

Comment

Working...
                      X