No announcement yet.

Bert Sugars Greatest Fighters List!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
    It's pretty difficult to compile such a list. Of course one might expect something better from a distinguished writer such as Bert Sugar. Some of the names mentioned in the thread is obvious faults on Sugars behalf.
    I am the first to admit that I am not qualified to make a good list. Even I find this list a bit shocking.

Comment

that list, aside form the top 2 is absolute ****.seriously.i can't take him seriously anymore.

Comment

Top Ten Greats

My selection of the top ten include (not in any particular order)
        Sugar Ray Robinson, Henry Armstrong, Roberto Duran, Joe Louis, Archie Moore,
        Barney Ross, Tony Canzoneri, Willie Pep, Eder Jofre and Jimmy Wilde.

Concerning tthe current boxers: a few may make the top 50 list at some point
        but many are of average ability with average competition. Until they finish
        their own tours of duty they are not yet ready for any list of all time greats.

Like Willie Pep, how many of todays hotshots could win a round with defensive skill alone. How many of todays heavyweights could land the perfect left hook
        like a Jersey Joe Walcott did against Ezzard Charles.

Regardless of what yardsticks are used to measure greatness, Sugar Ray Robinson
        ranks at the top.
        Last edited by zelley; 12-01-2008, 09:44 PM. Reason: correctiond

Comment

kid gavilan is also ranked higher than jones and hopkins on that list.
          Last edited by 3_Hooks; 12-02-2008, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ALPHA O`MEGA View Post
            that list, aside form the top 2 is absolute ****.seriously.i can't take him seriously anymore.
            I never took him seriously in first place which his smelly yellow teeth! he does chat **** and ytou are right about only his top 2 making sense.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
              Youngest HW All time at 100, what did he do to deserve that rating?

Beat up on a Bunch of Cans

Comment

Originally posted by marciano1952 View Post
                Beat up on a Bunch of Cans
                Well at least he didn't struggle V old men like your hero who had no defence. He is the biggest overrated bum out there and blocking shots with your head is not deserving of a top 20 spot! I don't think Sloppiano even makes the top 15 heavies of all time, never mind p4p lol. This is what I meant by the ugly **** being overrated. He was ****ing ****e!!! Bert Sugar suffers from senility, but what's your excuse??

Comment

Originally posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post
                  Well at least he didn't struggle V old men like your hero who had no defence. He is the biggest overrated bum out there and blocking shots with your head is not deserving of a top 20 spot! I don't think Sloppiano even makes the top 15 heavies of all time, never mind p4p lol. This is what I meant by the ugly **** being overrated. He was ****ing ****e!!! Bert Sugar suffers from senility, but what's your excuse??
                  STFU man your nothing but a ****ing Dumbass

atlest Marciano didnt Strugel with the Likes of Tillis

Comment

floyd will be added soon, and might i add, pretty high up based on overall dominance, accomplishments in the amount of time he accomplished it in, and impact on the sport, and overall skillset, as imo only ali and ray robinson rivals his skillset overall.

Comment

Originally posted by zelley View Post
                      My selection of the top ten include (not in any particular order)
                      Sugar Ray Robinson, Henry Armstrong, Roberto Duran, Joe Louis, Archie Moore,
                      Barney Ross, Tony Canzoneri, Willie Pep, Eder Jofre and Jimmy Wilde.

Concerning tthe current boxers: a few may make the top 50 list at some point
                      but many are of average ability with average competition. Until they finish
                      their own tours of duty they are not yet ready for any list of all time greats.

Like Willie Pep, how many of todays hotshots could win a round with defensive skill alone. How many of todays heavyweights could land the perfect left hook
                      like a Jersey Joe Walcott did against Ezzard Charles.

Regardless of what yardsticks are used to measure greatness, Sugar Ray Robinson
                      ranks at the top.
                      floyd would beat willie pep and you know it.

Comment

Working...
                      X