Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Champs Through The Ropes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really remember, but did Dempsey knock Willard out of the ropes at all? I know Willard's head went through on one of the knockdowns, but did his whole body?

Comment

no. willard stayed in the ring the whole time.

Comment

Golota was never champ, but Brewster knocked his ass through the ropes. As for non heavyweights, didnt McClellan put Benn through the ropes?

Comment

Originally posted by velvet fog
          Golota was never champ, but Brewster knocked his ass through the ropes. As for non heavyweights, didnt McClellan put Benn through the ropes?
          As a matter of fact, yes he did. It should have been ruled a knockout, but the referee gave Benn extra time. That had to be one of the most crooked referees I have ever seen.

Louis was knocked through the ropes by Buddy Baer, but Baer used his knee to force Louis out of the ring once Louis was backed against the ropes by a punch. Not legit once you see it.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
            no. willard stayed in the ring the whole time.
            No, Willard was sticking his head and some of his upper body through the ropes, almost as if trying to escape. ****, I don't blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydog
              No, Willard was sticking his head and some of his upper body through the ropes, almost as if trying to escape. ****, I don't blame him.
              yeah, willard is a punk, and should not have gotten the title in the first place. he is one of the worst hw champs of all times.

Comment

Dempsey knocked Tunney down along the ropes....not through them.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff
                  Dempsey knocked Tunney down along the ropes....not through them.
                  actually, tunney went through.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
                    actually, tunney went through.
                    Maybe one of his hands, or a bit of his head.... but nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff
                      Maybe one of his hands, or a bit of his head.... but nothing else.
                      his upper body went through too.

Comment

Working...
                      X