Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Louis vs Jersey Joe Walcott I & II

Louis - Walcott I

Louis - Walcott II

The first one is worth a watch for the crowd reaction alone (after the decision is announced).

Walcott's "waltz" in the 11th round of the second fight has got to be ranked up there as one of the worst tactical mistakes during a world title fight.

Louis-Walcott 1 ranks among the worst robberies I've ever seen. Louis did end it very well in the second fight though, showed he still had the killer's instinct even when he got older.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post

The first one is worth a watch for the crowd reaction alone (after the decision is announced).

Walcott's "waltz" in the 11th round of the second fight has got to be ranked up there as one of the worst tactical mistakes during a world title fight.
        The Farr and Godoy decisions were booed too.

Louis got lucky in the first Walcott fight, but he showed his greatness in the return, even past his best. He always settled controversies with knockouts in rematches.

Comment

Really feel for Walcott he should of got the first fight hands down. All credit to Louis do for giving him a rematch and showing glimpses of his former self stopping Walcott in the 11th. but do think the first fight had took alot out of Walcott, same with the Marciano fights he come so close to beating the rock the first time but in the rematch he got stopped in the 1st again i just think the first fight took alot out of him.But he did blame the lost on the fact that fight got called off and set back to a new date becuase Marciano had burst blood vessiles in his nose in sparring and Joe said he had peaked just at the right time for the first fight and said when the second one took place he had nothing left and also i don't think his aged has helped either.
          Last edited by Southpaw16BF; 11-10-2008, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X