Fernando Vargas vs Ross Thompson Post-fight Interview

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernando Vargas vs Ross Thompson Post-fight Interview

''I guess this chump could fight a little bit''

Vargas was a badass no one like him around today. He's the only one to ko Thompson even Lacy couldnt' do it. And the only one to officially make Trinidad cry and Trinidads toughest fight said by Triniadad.

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
      Vargas was a badass no one like him around today. He's the only one to ko Thompson even Lacy couldnt' do it. And the only one to officially make Trinidad cry and Trinidads toughest fight said by Triniadad.
      Lol @ officially making someone cry...

Had Vargas been brought along differently he would have had a much better career... more discipline, let him grow instead of pitting him in with Tito and Oscar so early.

What's your favorite in-ring Vargas moment?

Comment

Vargas could have been a GREAT had he not been rushed. Think about it he fought and beat Wright,Quartey,Campos and Marquez all before he was 22. Then he was rushed to fight Tito. Just ask yourself what prospect today at 22 would have fought those names all in succession? NONE!!! We'll never know how great Vargas could have been had he been moved properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadillac Man View Post
          Vargas could have been a GREAT had he not been rushed. Think about it he fought and beat Wright,Quartey,Campos and Marquez all before he was 22. Then he was rushed to fight Tito. Just ask yourself what prospect today at 22 would have fought those names all in succession? NONE!!! We'll never know how great Vargas could have been had he been moved properly.
          Had he been moved along properly AND had he had a better life style outside of the ring. Blowing up 50 pounds between fights is gonna ruin anyone.
          Its true though, Vargas could have been unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadillac Man View Post
            I agree also, thats why I think twice before criticizing fighters like Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., he's only 22 and I rather see him get moved along at a slow pace then to look back on his career asking what if. Hopefully Andre Berto and Juanma Lopez dont suffer the same fate as Vargas.

Comment

Working...
            X