Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holmes vs Foreman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime Larry Holmes could handle big punchers...
    Prime George Foreman never showed he could handle an excellent boxer.

Holmes TKO14 Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy
      If both were in prime, Holmes would beat foreman in a tuff

12 round decision. If Holmes and Foreman met in the 90s, I would

pick Foreman. Right now, I would still pick foreman.

All FANTASY FIGHTS are to be scheduled for 15 rounds !

Comment

Wow, this would be a very interesting fight. I wouls give foreman a slight advantage. Holmes had all he could handle with Shavers and Foreman was a better boxer than Ernie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny
          Wow, this would be a very interesting fight. I wouls give foreman a slight advantage. Holmes had all he could handle with Shavers and Foreman was a better boxer than Ernie.

Sonny....

In 20 rounds of boxing...Shavers only troubled Holmes in a half of one of those rounds.
          Yeah....it was bad trouble.

Foreman would not, & could not hit Larry as hard as Shavers hit Holmes.
          That's the best punch I've ever seen a guy take, drop, get up, & come back from..... to win

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff
            Sonny....

In 20 rounds of boxing...Shavers only troubled Holmes in a half of one of those rounds.
            Yeah....it was bad trouble.

Foreman would not, & could not hit Larry as hard as Shavers hit Holmes.
            That's the best punch I've ever seen a guy take, drop, get up, & come back from..... to win
            I agree, I couldn't believe it when Holmes got up from that shot.

Comment

Holmes takes the better shot. Holmes would school George with his jab but get caught with a heavy shot occasionally to produce some tricky moments for Larry but he'd recover. Big George would tire later on and Holmes would turn it on. Maybe even winning by a late stoppage.

Comment

In their primes and at present, I would pick Larry Holmes. Holmes might have been caught and went down in their primes but I think that he would have recovered and taken the decision. I base my assumptions on what I believe to be the fact that Larry Holmes was the technically superior boxer. Also, he would not have been intimidated by Foreman like so many of Big George's opponents were of him in the first part of his career.

Comment

I think Foreman would KO him.

Comment

Holmes wins by UD. I wouldn't even think it would be that close to be honest. Holmes could take a great shot, he had one of the best chins ever. I imagine him taking the occasional big shot but ultimately keeping Big George on the end of that jab for the whole fight.

Comment

Originally posted by INFAMOUZ
                      Holmes vs foreman in their prime and and now?

I'd say Foreman beats him in their prime and holmes beats him now. their both 55, holmes has him in reach and im sure Foreman has him in weight. i think this would be a better fight then most of the heavy weights can but out now. Like John Ruiz and Brewster
                      Foreman's just too good for Holmes. He'd bully him, push him into the ropes, and definteily get hte knockout. But he's really gotta watch out for that jab.

Comment

Working...
                      X