Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Liston/Ali fights were fixed...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the first one. The second was more of a comedy of errors. There was a punch that landed, causing a flash knockdown. Liston was not all that hurt, but that doesn't mean it was fake. Ali didn't go to a neutral corner and JJ Walcott didn't start the count. Liston was listenng for the count that never came. Meanwhile Nat fleischer at ringside told Walcott the fight was over. The two men were up and fighting when Walcott stepped in and gave the kayo to Ali.

Comment

Also read somewhere quoting Sonny when asked something about getting defeated he said something around these lines ''Why get up, when no one wants you to'' or something like that as you guys know mentality is also a big factor in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by OASIS_LAD View Post
        I don't think the second fight was fixed at all. I think Liston just realised he was fighting a man who had the better of him and he stayed down.
        This is what I think. He wasnt that hurt, he just said **** it. His confidence was shot.

Comment

I don't get why boxers would agree to having a fix fight, especially Sonny Liston, who has his whole reputation to lose. I haven't watched the matches but I find it hard to believe they would fix a really high profile match like this.

Comment

Working...
          X