No announcement yet.

Foreman didn't want rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Great
    Sorry, man. I not understood this phrase in first time.
    But nevertheless, what is this - TOS.
    TOS is touch of sleep. Its Williamson's alias.

Comment

Originally posted by Neuraxis
      TOS is touch of sleep. Its Williamson's alias.
      Now I understood. Thank`s.

Comment

Originally posted by ReppinDubK
        There is only one thing Ali could have done to beat Foreman and it was the rope a dope if he had tried to box Foreman would have ko'd him. Its easy to not get knocked out with your chin in your chest and your hands up, but if he had for real tried to box it would have been over. I give Ali MUCH respect for it dont get me wrong he knew how to beat Formean ONCE but it never would have happened again.
        You probably looked the first round of this fight by the closed eyes. Ali boxed with George in this round and no doubt has won. Further Muhammed began to conduct fight most favourably and prudently. Ali would win during their second meeting. It is recognized by George (his interview before fight with Moorer).
        Foreman did want a rematch this I know but why it never happens I do not know.
        Foreman was again close to fight for a title, but has lost Jimmy Young (by the way, against which Muhammed has won UD - this is just note). It has again removed him from fight for a title; also he has left boxing.

Comment

Any idea why Ali stopped boxing after the first round? He had never tasted power like Foremans and giving Big George even a half a chance to land something serious is Russian roulette.

Comment

Any idea why Ali stopped boxing after the first round? He had never tasted power like Foremans and giving Big George even a half a chance to land something serious is Russian roulette.
            I have written why Ali did not begin to box further with George (the second and the following rounds) - he there chosen the most correct way of a victory (to force George to get tired).
            As to force of punchs (Muhammad asserted), that Sonny beats more strongly, than Foreman. Therefore chosen tactics was not consequence of fear, but the most true way to a victory and that`s all.

Comment

Ali stated in his biography that the ring was soft and thus a "slow

ring" and had he danced around he would have eventually tired out. He

adapted to the ring using the " rope a dope" to wear Foreman out. And

he didn't exactly stop fighting, between laying back on the ropes he

was peppering Foreman face with his jab and quick flurries. By the time

Ali knocked Foreman out, Foreman face was all puffed up and he was

exhausted from throwing all those big punches.

Comment

That's right. I remember a thread asking who would have won a rematch and a vast majority thought that Foreman would easily win it. The thing is with Ali is that he got into so many of his opponent's heads. That, along with the fact that Ali beat him silly in the first bout would lead me to believe that Ali would have come out ahead again if the did stage a repeat.

Comment

i watched the biography rumble in the jungle intitled "when we were kings" in it is a interview with foreman and he says how he was hitting ali with all he had and ali kept on talking the trash. he said hes never been that intimidated before, most people he boxes cant even talk because their jaws are broken. in this he stated he didn't want a rematch with ali and that him and ali are on good grounds, nothing about that fight made them enemies. the only one ali ever faught with anger was the man who called him cassius clay after his name was changed however i cant remember his name at the time, does anyone know his name?

Comment

you have been miss informed because foreman had not wanted a rematch, he knew ali was about to retire soon off after thrilla in manilla and stated in a biography that he did not wish to fight ali again. As for ali all he wanted was to fight joe fraizer once more before retiring. which he did.

Comment

Ali can be heard from ringside telling Foreman that he isn't getting another shot when Foreman fought the five in Toronto. George says now that he didn't want a rematch that he wanted to fight the guys he'd already beat but I'd say that's all part of the mister nice funny guy act. I would imagine that back then Foreman did want a rematch to redeem himself. George fought a ****** fight against Ali. George had more to dio with George losing than Ali did and I think Ali knew that.

Comment

Working...
                      X