Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreman didn't want rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreman severely wanted a rematch. Please don't spread BS.

Comment

Foreman also didn't want to fight Axel Schulz in a rematch thus forfeiting his IBF belt. I guess the guy just doesn't like rematches huh.

Comment

Originally posted by Neuraxis
        Foreman also didn't want to fight Axel Schulz in a rematch thus forfeiting his IBF belt. I guess the guy just doesn't like rematches huh.
        Foreman did not want a repeated meeting with Schulz and Moorer as he realized a high probability to lose a title (George wanted a meeting with Tyson - the big money: the youngest world champion against oldest).
        It is generally very amusing to hear similar reproaches (" Foreman didn ` t want to fight Axel Schulz in rematch "; take into account, that George against him has won) from the person who under him nickname has photo Klitschko: neither the younger brother, nor the grown-up have not taken any rematches for the defeats. And if we shall recollect to whom they lost...

Comment

Originally posted by Great
          Foreman did not want a repeated meeting with Schulz and Moorer as he realized a high probability to lose a title (George wanted a meeting with Tyson - the big money: the youngest world champion against oldest).
          It is generally very amusing to hear similar reproaches (" Foreman didn ` t want to fight Axel Schulz in rematch "; take into account, that George against him has won) from the person who under him nickname has photo Klitschko: neither the younger brother, nor the grown-up have not taken any rematches for the defeats. And if we shall recollect to whom they lost...
          Yet they wanted to fight every fighter that they had lost to in a rematch. Vitali wants Byrd and Lewis. Lewis is retired and Byrd is protected by King. Wladimir wants Sanders, Brewster, and Purrity. Purrity said no, Brewster is protected by King, and Sanders said he would only give Wladimir a rematch if he beat Vitali, but he lost to Vitali so there won't be a rematch.

Comment

Foreman would not have ducked Ali. He may have lost again to him, but he would not have ducked him.

I think that time and revisionist history has skewed what happened in the Foreman/Ali fight. Foreman was kicking his ass for most of the rounds until he got tired and Ali got into his head. Probably the same thing would have happened the second time. Who knows? But maybe Ali didn't want to find out either. The point is that the fight was very competetive.

Comment

Yet they wanted to fight every fighter that they had lost to in a rematch. Vitali wants Byrd and Lewis. Lewis is retired and Byrd is protected by King. Wladimir wants Sanders, Brewster, and Purrity. Purrity said no, Brewster is protected by King, and Sanders said he would only give Wladimir a rematch if he beat Vitali, but he lost to Vitali so there won't be a rematch.
              Really?
              Vitali really achieved a repeated meeting with Lewis, but he never insisted on repeated meetings with Byrd. His answer to a question: whether he wants to meet with Chris " I welcomed this fight ". He has never sent in camp of King an official proposal on rematch. Chris too shouts, that at any moment he is ready to fight with Klitscko. Only they so shout, and the present offers nobody does (But in this case I agree - King will be against this meeting). Or you heard as Vitali publicly caused Byrd on fight? I did not hear. I know - he wanted Lennox, but not Byrd.

Wladimir wants Sanders
              You have joked? I perfectly remember as Wladimir spoke after defeat from Correy: for me the most important - a title. If title will be at Sanders I meet him the second time; if not will be, for me Sanders not interesting ". So Wlad wanted rematch with Sanders.

Purrity sain no
              When he such spoke? Ross never refused a meeting with any opponent. To invent not necessarily.
              About rematch with Brewster Klitscko speaks the same, that his senior brother about a meeting with Byrd: I not against the second fight. And all. Brewster (and King at the same time) with pleasure would hold a repeated meeting. But Wladimir has decided to meet with Dawarill. You will see: in the following fight Wlad too will not meet with Lemon, but all time will speak: I not against repeated fight.

Comment

Ali got lucky? Oh, you must be kidding. Ali knew exactly what he was doing and had the fight under control from the opening bell. And Foreman wanted no part of Ali after the fight. It took him years to mentally get over the loss.

This is direct quote from Foreman:

"For years I agonised: 'How did this happen?' I'd lost everything I was - I wasn't even a man any more. It took me a couple of years to get over it - I'd wake up in the night still shaking. It was mysterious to me why I didn't win that fight."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/3957807.stm

Comment

Really?
                  Vitali really achieved a repeated meeting with Lewis, but he never insisted on repeated meetings with Byrd. His answer to a question: whether he wants to meet with Chris " I welcomed this fight ". He has never sent in camp of King an official proposal on rematch. Chris too shouts, that at any moment he is ready to fight with Klitscko. Only they so shout, and the present offers nobody does (But in this case I agree - King will be against this meeting). Or you heard as Vitali publicly caused Byrd on fight? I did not hear. I know - he wanted Lennox, but not Byrd.

Wladimir wants Sanders
                  You have joked? I perfectly remember as Wladimir spoke after defeat from Correy: for me the most important - a title. If title will be at Sanders I meet him the second time; if not will be, for me Sanders not interesting ". So Wlad wanted rematch with Sanders.

Purrity sain no
                  When he such spoke? Ross never refused a meeting with any opponent. To invent not necessarily.
                  About rematch with Brewster Klitscko speaks the same, that his senior brother about a meeting with Byrd: I not against the second fight. And all. Brewster (and King at the same time) with pleasure would hold a repeated meeting. But Wladimir has decided to meet with Dawarill. You will see: in the following fight Wlad too will not meet with Lemon, but all time will speak: I not against repeated fight.
                  Byrd: Vitali is pretty angry about Byrd running around acting like he easily beat Vitali, when the fact of the matter is that he was losing to a one armed Vitali before Vitali decided to call it a night.

Sanders: http://www.ringsports.com/news/49277842.html

Purrity: priced himself out from what I remember

Brewster: you must be joking, that's the most obvious one. Brewster said the only way he would fight Wladimir again would be if Wladimir was the ranked #1 by the WBO. http://www.klitschko-online.com/en/n...artikel_id=803

Comment

Byrd: Vitali is pretty angry about Byrd running around acting like he easily beat Vitali, when the fact of the matter is that he was losing to a one armed Vitali before Vitali decided to call it a night.
                    It will be better if Vit not "pretty angry", but accepts real attempts for rematch.

As I already spoke: both brothers speak much (especially Wlad), but do is not a lot of. You see, Wlad spoke about rematch, but has met with... Moli. You only look, he to himself has chosen that powerful and dangerous opponent after his shouts about desire of rematch. Such situation when Klitschko-jr. speaks about rematchs.

Brewster: you must be joking, that's the most obvious one. Brewster said the only way he would fight Wladimir again would be if Wladimir was the ranked #1 by the WBO. http://www.klitschko-online.com/en/n...artikel_id=803
                    So would give better link on the given words of Brewster. By the way, is possible Lamon it really spoke - I could not hear. But link would be much better, than eternal Wlad ` s shouts how he strongly wants rematchs.

Comment

It will be better if Vit not "pretty angry", but accepts real attempts for rematch.

As I already spoke: both brothers speak much (especially Wlad), but do is not a lot of. You see, Wlad spoke about rematch, but has met with... Moli. You only look, he to himself has chosen that powerful and dangerous opponent after his shouts about desire of rematch. Such situation when Klitschko-jr. speaks about rematchs.

So would give better link on the given words of Brewster. By the way, is possible Lamon it really spoke - I could not hear. But link would be much better, than eternal Wlad ` s shouts how he strongly wants rematchs.
                      Sanders saying he would only give Wlad a rematch if he was able to beat Vitali: http://ps2.sportsline.com/boxing/story/7189994

Brewster saying no rematch from a site that we are not allowed to put direct links from, so I pm'd you the link:

Kerr: Has there been contact from the Klitschko camp about a rematch, and would you be interested if Wladimir beats Williamson a month from now?

Brewster: You know, after the fight, I wanted to give him a rematch. But after all the excuses… I mean, oil being rubbed on his body, strange people, someone in his camp, drugging and something on one of the passes, a substance, the way they tainted the sport and my victory, I said let him earn a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X