No announcement yet.

Most Wasted Talent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alishuffle View Post
    Who would you say is a fighter that wasted his god given gift?

I would say Rid**** Bowe would be near the top of the list...
    I would say Tony Ayala and Ike Ibeabuchi because they ended up squandering all that time in prison just as they were entering their primes.
    They lost money, their place in history and most of all, their freedom and ability to be with their family and loved ones.

Comment

Michael Nunn doing time for drugs. Nunn was destined for 'True' greatness but sadly things don't always turn out as planned.

I'm surprised Rydell Booker got 20 odd years for trafficking drugs. He came across as a quiet, well mannerd person in pressers for Toney fight in 2004. Not the knockabout type that's for sure.

Comment

For me, it would be Greg Page, maybe Alex Ramos and Hector Camacho to a lesser degree.

Comment

I disagree with everyone who picks Judah as wasted talent...

Judah has done everything he can with his talent... its not wasted, it is what it is

if Judah were to retire, or quit, or get suspended... it would be wasted talent... but hes worked his ass off for some of these fights and whats hes produced is the best hes got... its not wasted, its just not what you think it could be... it is what it is...

Comment

I was originally thinking Zab Judah, however I dont think he had waisted Talent. He fought talented. What he lacked was a couple of things one thing learned, another is something that you simply have to be born with.

Discipline. He could have learned that,but he did not. This ultimately could be considered a reason to support wasted Talent.

However,

Heart, that intestinal fortitude is something that he did not have, and greats such as Robinson, Duran, Hagler, Leonard, Pacquio is showing, Ali for sure...etc. This factor alone kept him form being great. He alwasy started out fast, landing super fast and brilliant combinations, but when he got hit back, and the will to step up to the beast he is facing and the will to dig deep and come up with whatever it takes to win, has time and time aluded him. Could you imagin a figher with his talent and Gatti's will....Wow.

My choice is Meldrick Taylor, after the Chazes robbery he was never the same. Also, Ayala, Bowe who is a perfect example of what I was describing in Judah. In Bowe's case he was not disciplnd which I believe can account for being considered a waste of talent, but he did show heart, just look at the Holyfield trilogy.

Comment

in the last 10 years i would say ibeabuchi

Comment

Working...
              X