Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which was the most exciting HW unification fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which was the most exciting HW unification fight?

Poll to come...
    Ali-Terrell
    42.86%
    Tyson-Bonecrusher Smith
    7.14%
    Tyson-Tony Tucker
    7.14%
    Holyfield-Moorer II
    7.14%
    Holyfield-Lewis I
    7.14%
    Holyfield-Lewis II
    0.00%
    Klitschko-Ibragimov
    28.57%

the beat down ali put on Terrell

Comment

Originally posted by marciano1952 View Post
      the beat down ali put on Terrell
      Another candidate: Joe Frazier TKO5 Jimmy Ellis
      Ellis looked quite good early but Frazier got into his rhythm and stopped Ellis in brutal fashion.

The knockout at 5:00

I'm not sure if Ali - Frazier I would be considered a unification, it could be because Frazier held the official titles but Ali was still recognized by many as the man to beat.
      Last edited by TheGreatA; 08-22-2008, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
        Another candidate: Joe Frazier TKO5 Jimmy Ellis
        Ellis looked quite good early but Frazier got into his rhythm and stopped Ellis in brutal fashion.

The knockout at 5:00

I'm not sure if Ali - Frazier I would be considered a unification, it could be because Frazier held the official titles but Ali was still recognized by many as the man to beat.
        I would've put Ellis-Frazier in there but the WBC belt was vacant so it was basically like Frazier was already the complete champion by then.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockoutTheFat View Post
          I would've put Ellis-Frazier in there but the WBC belt was vacant so it was basically like Frazier was already the complete champion by then.
          Ellis was the WBA champion (he had won the heavyweight tournament, which Frazier was not a part of), Frazier was recognized as the champion by NYSAC.

The WBC recognized the winner, although Ali was still the people's champion.

Comment

Frazier Ellis was a good fight and Holyfield Moorer was good as well

Comment

Working...
            X