No announcement yet.

Muhammed Ali apreciation thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muhammed Ali apreciation thread.

I just want to express my appreciation to Muhammed Ali, for everything he has done for the sport, and the world. Not only was he a fighter in the ring but also outside. He fought the government even when it cost him the prime years of his career, and is still regarded as the best. He overcame the odds many times, and even now years after he has retired he is fighting this syndrome, not letting it keep him down he carries on how he wants. Lik ehe is standing up to the illness saying '**** You'. A man that never backed down in the ring, never gave up on his beliefs, would fight anyone. Wether its the big puching George Foreman or the tank like Joe Frazier, or even the US government he have the world everything he had.

So from me, thank you Muhammed Ali.
    Last edited by T-97; 03-30-2008, 10:30 AM.

In a lifetime there are not many true heroes and one should cherish the few heroes that be.

To me there a only 2. Ali and Nelson Mandela. Both of them took a stand against autorities knowing they would have to pay a very hefty price and in the end became widely recognized and beloved figures transcending life.

The price they paid:
    Ali 50% of prime boxing career
    Mandela 50% of a work-life.

Salute.

Comment

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
      In a lifetime there are not many true heroes and one should cherish the few heroes that be.

To me there a only 2. Ali and Nelson Mandela. Both of them took a stand against autorities knowing they would have to pay a very hefty price and in the end became widely recognized and beloved figures transcending life.

The price they paid:
      Ali 50% of prime boxing career
      Mandela 50% of a work-life.

Salute.

Indeed, it takes an even more special man to look back and say:
      'I wouldn't change a thing' like he did..

I don't think it is really possible to put into words how much they have done for the world

Comment

Ali is the greatest sports figure of all-time and the greatest hw champ of all time period.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownBaller View Post
          Ali is the greatest sports figure of all-time and the greatest hw champ of all time period.
          Yeah, that sums it up. I don't have much more to add.

I think it's about time. Lately people have been hating on Ali a lot and not giving credit where it's due. I'm tired of people hating on him for their personal dislike of the man, or argue that other Heavyweights were greater by giving redicilous reasons.

Comment

Most people dont know much about the history of boxing lol no offense, if you think Joe Louis was better than Ali then theres a problem, no one is close.

Comment

He was a great fighter but above all he is a great man. Best heavyweight of all time in my book and an inspirational figure to millions across the world.

Comment

I watched some of the Holmes fight on youtube and the way Ali bowed his head in the corner when Dundee said to stop it, i swear it almost brought tears to my eyes the way the greatest had fallen.

Comment

The Greatest Ali highlight vid:

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman View Post
                    Yeah, that sums it up. I don't have much more to add.

I think it's about time. Lately people have been hating on Ali a lot and not giving credit where it's due. I'm tired of people hating on him for their personal dislike of the man, or argue that other Heavyweights were greater by giving redicilous reasons.
                    Thats why i made this thread. A lot of people seem to forget that Ali was an underdog very often, 7-1 underdog against liston the frist time, not sure the exact odds but he wasnt favoured in the liston rematch. And Forman, a lot of experts thought Big George was gunna kill him!

Comment

Working...
                    X