Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lennox Lewis The Greatest HW Of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you seriously saying that if Ali fought Lewis 100 times, then Ali would win every time?

Lewis would have a real chance of defeating Ali.

As i have said and as you know, Ali lost to fighters who Lewis could have beaten.

It is therefore a reasonable assumption that Lewis could have beaten Ali.

Comment

No there isnt.

If they thought 10 times, peak/peak, Ali would in all probablity beat him every time. LL couldnt KO Ali, bigger hitters didnt, and no way LL could out point Ali.

Comment

you are dillusional.

Comment

You're living in Lewis's ass if you think LL/Ali is even a worthwhile debate.

Comment

Ali lost to Norton, was nearly knocked out by cooper, floored by Wepner, was absolutely brutalized by Frazier, spinks, holmes.

Seriously, if you want to talk about someone nuthugging and looking past FACTS, then its your sorry ass.

Comment

Originally posted by blacksky View Post
              Ali lost to Norton, was nearly knocked out by cooper, floored by Wepner, was absolutely brutalized by Frazier, spinks, holmes.

Seriously, if you want to talk about someone nuthugging and looking past FACTS, then its your sorry ass.
              Ali was never nearly knocked out by Cooper, he got up in 3 seconds, the knockdown against Wepner was a slip, Frazier didn't brutalize Ali they brutalized each other, Spinks beat an old man, Holmes beat a brain damaged old man.

Lewis has a good chance against Ali but try not to discredit boxers for the sake of your own argument. It's the same thing when people say Lewis was s*** just because he lost to Rahman and McCall while ignoring everything he achieved.

IMO Lewis is a top 10 HW. Some might rank him as high as top 5 or top 3 because they think he does well head-to-head against other boxers and because he avenged all of his losses.

Comment

This Tyson Bashing is getting out of control. Lewis lost to two people with less talent then Douglas. And he get 1 punch KOd by them.

But he was still a great fighter, and is in my top 10. I jst dnt like people bashing other fighters while trying to argue for lewis.

Comment

Arguable, I'd favor him over most, if not all HW's in the hall of fame.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
                    I'm guessing that's because of the narrower perspective of their youth. He might have been the dominant HW during their formative years. Astute obsevers of the game and those above, say, 35 years of age would have a much broader perspective, encompassing fighters of an earlier era.

Kids tend to reason as though time began when they were born. "All-time" to them means their time, or no earlier than the modern era.

yea i agree with you there.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
                      Kind of hard not to put him in the top 10. But he isn't the greatest heavyweight because of his two ugly losses and his best opposition was past their best. He has beaten enough competition to be regarded as one of the best heavyweights of all-time. Some might rank him even in the top 5.
                      They weren't actual true losses.
                      I mean against Mccall, that was a very lucky shot.
                      Look at the rematch, Lewis was way on top, and Oliver quit.
                      Against Rahman, again Lewis seemed to get too COMPLACENT, and thats the key word.
                      He tends to lose concentration momentarily, and before you know it,boom, he gets ko'ed.
                      Again the rematch, Rahman had nothing, and got ko'ed like a sack of potatoes.
                      To be honest, I don't put those as losses because the better man won on the night.
                      Both fights , and it is true, seemed to be lucky punches.
                      Not because his 2 opponents were overall the better fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X