Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hagler/Hearns.If Hearns didn't break his hand...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how a fighter can be the same fighting without his power punch.
    FFS , he broke his right hand, and like some1 before said, Hagler had a cut I think between the eyes, where the doctor had to check up on him.
    I seriously wonder who would have won. Every1 seems to be discounting Hearns for some reason. I certainly don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post
      Hearns also didn't have his legs working right in that fight, which is why he tried to take out Hagler early and stood to toe-to-toe. Hearns without these factors would be a toss-up possibly.
      His legs weren't working right because they were wobbly from the beating he was taking.

Hearns was not boxing him, he was fighting him. He was wobbly and showing signs of weariness by the second round, which had nothing to do with his hand. You can't fight someone full on who's stronger than you, can take your best shot, and has an offense you can't deal with.

Hearns would have to box to beat Hagler, and that wouldn't work, as Hearns showed quite the weakness against strong pressure fighters. He had no chance in this fight, ever.
      Last edited by Sweet Pete; 12-24-2007, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Why do people think Hearns wanted to trade with Hagler. Hagler was the one who initiated the brawl, knowing that was the best way to beat Hearns.

Hearns wanted to box and keep Hagler off him. But simply couldnt. Hagler was ****in possessed.

Has Hearns ever talked about his hand being broken? Ive never heard anyone make it a major factor in the outcome of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Pazuzu View Post
          Why do people think Hearns wanted to trade with Hagler. Hagler was the one who initiated the brawl, knowing that was the best way to beat Hearns.

Hearns wanted to box and keep Hagler off him. But simply couldnt. Hagler was ****in possessed.

Has Hearns ever talked about his hand being broken? Ive never heard anyone make it a major factor in the outcome of the fight.
          Nah, Hearns initely chose to brawl. Hagler came right at Leonard the same way, straight ahead, but Leonard chose to move and box, therefore Hagler was made to not look as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pete View Post
            His legs weren't working right because they were wobbly from the beating he was taking.
            They weren't right from the start of the fight. In the dressing room, his handlers massaged his legs before the fight which took alot of them and because of that, he tried to take out Hagler early before his legs would fail. This if I recall correctly, is according to Steward so it should not be taken as 100% fact, but is something to consider.

Comment

Didn't hurt Hagler but he mess up his face real good ( crooked nose, swelling of the right eye, cut below the right eye and forehead). He didn't break his hand Hagler's face would have been a mess but I think Hagler would have won. The reasoning being Hagler's chin vs Hearns weak legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
                If he didn't break his hand he would have been KO'd in 6 instead of 3.
                Would have loved for that fight to have had more rounds...

Comment

Hearns did not have the whiskers to last vs Hagler. He hit Marvin often but there was no indication those blows would put him away.

Comment

Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post
                    Hearns also didn't have his legs working right in that fight, which is why he tried to take out Hagler early and stood to toe-to-toe. Hearns without these factors would be a toss-up possibly.
                    Correct. Hearns foolishly had a deep tissue massage on his legs before the fight. When Manny heard, he apparently went crazy.

Sadly Hearns just didn't have 12 rounds in those legs...

Comment

I had quadrillions of points. Where are they, TBear?

Comment

Working...
                      X