Muhammed Ali - Injuries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muhammed Ali - Injuries

Hey guys,

I posted this in the nonstop forum, but got suggested to post in here as well.

I've got a uni project on boxing and Muhammad Ali. I have been trying to find out if Muhammed Ali suffered any major injuries/concussions in his fighting career. If someone could help me out or point me in the right direction it would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
    Boz

The only injuries im aware of is the broken jaw and when he had to reschedule the second listen fight because of a hernia. If I'm not mistaken it required surgery.
    Last edited by Hawkins; 10-20-2007, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Ali suffered a broken jaw in ali-norton 1.

Comment

Originally posted by bozza View Post
        Hey guys,

I've got a uni project on boxing and Muhammad Ali. I have been trying to find out if Muhammed Ali suffered any major injuries/concussions in his fighting career. If someone could help me out or point me in the right direction it would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
        Boz
        Are you trying to tie in his injuries with his current medical conditions?

Comment

The thrilla in manilla brought on his current illness... that was a brutal fight

Comment

Originally posted by bozza View Post
            Hey guys,

Thanks!
            Boz
            Well, this may not be major but Ali suffered from bursitis in his knuckles. Before each fight he had to have his knuckles shot with Novacaine to numb them so he could punch.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by MayweatherJR View Post
              The thrilla in manilla brought on his current illness... that was a brutal fight
              I wouldn't say one fight was the primary cause...it had to have been the accumulation throughout all those years of punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by MrOctober View Post
                I wouldn't say one fight was the primary cause...it had to have been the accumulation throughout all those years of punishment.
                Yeah I'd say from the Rumble In the Jungle onwards when he started using the Rope a dope in every fight.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                  Well, this may not be major but Ali suffered from bursitis in his knuckles. Before each fight he had to have his knuckles shot with Novacaine to numb them so he could punch.

Poet
                  Whats bursitis?

Comment

Thanks guys! This site has been invaluable.

Originally posted by MrOctober View Post
                    Are you trying to tie in his injuries with his current medical conditions?
                    Kind of. I'm looking at the long term health benefits and consequences of boxing as a sport for a uni project. To do this I'm focussing on Muhammad Ali.

Originally posted by mickeyb View Post
                    Whats bursitis?
                    It's an inflamation of the bursa in joints. Bursa are small bags of fluid that help reduce friction at the joint when bones move (eg. bend, slide etc).

Comment

Working...
                    X