Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson would have obviously destroyed Douglas in a rematch, but then so could I, because he would have been a fat waster like in the Holyfield fight

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
      ** Lewis easily has at least as good a chin as Holmes. Lewis was never dropped by 200lb heavies like Holmes was and fought much stiffer, bigger, stronger comp than Holmes did.

Your KO% show such a difference as to be marginally significant, assuming you calculated correctly.

I could care less about some dubious out of context quote aboiut Tua's power. His record tells a different story. After they engaged briefly, Lewis decided to box carefully rather than open himself up to Tua's power. Smart decision since he had the size, strength, and reach. Holmes only has reach which Tua would walk through.

Lewis, Tyson, Holy and Bowe would win the lion's share in a series against Ali, Frazier, Foreman, and Norton as noble as those warriors were.
      Riddick Bowe? Come on now, sonny. Let's keep the debate in the realms of realism.

Comment

Dont even try to compare Lewis chin to Holmes or Ali, or even any people in the top 10. Holmes got up after being NAILED by Shavers who was probably the hardest hitter of all time, where as lewis got KOd by Rahman and McCall

Comment

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
          Dont even try to compare Lewis chin to Holmes or Ali, or even any people in the top 10. Holmes got up after being NAILED by Shavers who was probably the hardest hitter of all time, where as lewis got KOd by Rahman and McCall

Your right Ali and Holmes had better chins.

Lennox wasn't that bad though - faced alot of punchers in his time. I'm pretty sure that Danny Williams or Kevin McBride wouldn't have knocked-out Lennox, hell Tyson couldn't knock-out Lennox.

Comment

With Danny Williams there is the Knee ligament, but it was more the factoe that tyson didnt have the heart to fight anymore he was doing it for money, mcbride never knocked tyson out or down. I think a prime tyson would of had more of a chance to knock out lewis, if rahman cud and mccall cud then tyson cud. I question Listons chin while watching the ali fight, as for tyson he takes a hell of a beating against lewis and douglas before he is down. and against holyfield it was a tko he didnt fall down, althought in the 6th he was knocked off balance which was a smart shot

Comment

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
              ** I never compared Lewis' chin to Ali. Ali could have been KOed by Cooper but for Dundee's ripped glove trick, was protected against Holmes, plus has been KDed at least 4x, though I would say 5 because Frazier knocked him down twice but was only given credit for 1.

Lewis has only been KDed twice, and got up the first time in better shape than when Holmes got up against Shavers. The other time he took the full count against Rahman but was up a few seconds later.

Comment

Originally posted by WelshDevilRob View Post
                Riddick Bowe? Come on now, sonny.
                ** Where we goin' with this Pops? I'd pick Bowe as the 4th man of the 90s to KO the 70s 4th man Norton 9 of 10 matches. 9 KOs by the 3rd rd or earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
                  ** Where we goin' with this Pops? I'd pick Bowe as the 4th man of the 90s to KO the 70s 4th man Norton 9 of 10 matches. 9 KOs by the 3rd rd or earlier.
                  No, no, no after all me and Barlick taught you on the old beeb boards and I find you bigging up Riddick Bowe. Your slippin' LRR - sort it out.

Comment

Bowe wouldn't have beat the fighters of the 70's, would have thrown his belt in the bin and buggered off to Dunkin Dougnuts
                    Last edited by -CANE-; 09-04-2007, 06:20 AM. Reason: Having trouble spelling

Comment

Originally posted by WelshDevilRob View Post
                      I find you bigging up Riddick Bowe.
                      ** Bowe is what he is. Just because Bowe wanted to finish his career camped in his frig is no reason to ignore his compelling physical attributes and what he did accomplish in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X