Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeh we could ask Poet. But the thing about those is again its just opinion by the people who made the programme but still it would be interesting to see. As for Holyfield he is 5th on my list that i got with the spread sheet..but i dnt see him that high..his reigns were non existant. Remember to regain the title he lost it 6 times. And there is not as much significance in him regaining them like Ali or Foreman or Tyson. Im going to make another list shortly on my own preferences..it will b very similar to my statistical list tho but with few adjustments.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
      Yeh we could ask Poet. But the thing about those is again its just opinion by the people who made the programme but still it would be interesting to see. As for Holyfield he is 5th on my list that i got with the spread sheet..but i dnt see him that high..his reigns were non existant. Remember to regain the title he lost it 6 times. And there is not as much significance in him regaining them like Ali or Foreman or Tyson. Im going to make another list shortly on my own preferences..it will b very similar to my statistical list tho but with few adjustments.
      Well I think the significant aspect of Holyfield's title wins had more to do with him not being a natural heavyweight and beating guys that were alot bigger than he was.

Comment

• Well i think he has proven himself at heavyweight more than he did at Crusierweight!

Comment

Well i think he has proven himself at heavyweight more than he did at Crusierweight!
          Well, at the time he cleaned out the division of viable contenders. I consider him the best cruiser in history.e

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
            Regarding Evander. I placed him in the top 10 in my latest list, but upon further review I'm not sure he belongs.

The one criticism I could always place against Evander was that he tended to fight to the level of his competition. He struggled against alot of fighters that he shouldn't have while always getting himself up for the prime time match-ups.

Anyone else think this?
            Yeah he did, but that's the same for a lot of great fighters. I suppose it's difficult to get fully motivated when there isn't that element of fear and you have made bucket loads of money.

Comment

Well, at the time he cleaned out the division of viable contenders. I consider him the best cruiser in history.e
              Yeh he is definatley the best Cruiserweight in History. I know the significance was him winning a title at heavyweight as a crusier. But he had established himself and never had a good title reign. For example Ali, Lewis, Tyson, louis all had more defences and they held the titles only twice. He wasnt a dominant as many other greats were. When he fought you thought well he could lose this and it wouldnt be a massive shock. Thats not how the other greats were looked upon

Comment

Yeh he is definatley the best Cruiserweight in History. I know the significance was him winning a title at heavyweight as a crusier. But he had established himself and never had a good title reign. For example Ali, Lewis, Tyson, louis all had more defences and they held the titles only twice. He wasnt a dominant as many other greats were. When he fought you thought well he could lose this and it wouldnt be a massive shock. Thats not how the other greats were looked upon
                Well Holyfield was the underdog in most of his major fights at heavy. Thats the levity of what makes him what he is.

Comment

Well Holyfield was the underdog in most of his major fights at heavy. Thats the levity of what makes him what he is.
                  Definately the second best cruiserweight ever behind the great Johnny Nelson (joke). The greatest cruiser ever and achieved so much more than he should of at heavyweight. Had he been 2 inches taller and weighed 20-30 lbs heavier who knows. He had so much ability and heart and it just goes to show you what you can achieve if you really believe in yourself and put your mind to it.

Comment

• Yeh thats True. Still that for me doesnt make him above 5th, thats a great achievement but he was unable to become dominant as the champion. Yes he regain the titles but he sill lost them to opponents he should have beaten (apart from lewis). Im not dissing holyfield his on my lise and his high, im just saying why i dnt think he breaks into the eliete group!

Comment

Yeh thats True. Still that for me doesnt make him above 5th, thats a great achievement but he was unable to become dominant as the champion. Yes he regain the titles but he sill lost them to opponents he should have beaten (apart from lewis). Im not dissing holyfield his on my lise and his high, im just saying why i dnt think he breaks into the eliete group!
                      I debate whether he belongs in the top 10 at all. Plus like I said, he is one of those fighters that regrettably fought to the level of whomever was in front of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X