• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ ^ can't see Dempsey beating Joe Frazier. Funny idea
    though!: )

Comment

• Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
      4.Mike Tyson: The Youngest ever Heavy weight Champion, and the 1st to unify 3 major belts and become the undisputed champion. If Tyson had kept Rooney, he would most probably be #1. The most dominant boxer ever in there prime. He had incredible speed and power, a combination of the two that never been seen and probably never will be. He had the greatest ever left hook. His Opponent feared him so much that they would concentrate on not getting hit rather than winning, its a shame he didn’t keep on the right track.. but nether the less he is still 4th.

3.Rocky Marciano: 49-0, the only heavyweight champion in this list never to lost a fight. His power and stamina were incredible the same goes for his chin. And it looks like his record will never be defeated
      How can you justify ranking these two this high?

Comment

• Nope. Norton was never heavyweight champion. Leading contender yes. He lost the decision to Ali in 76. Ali remained champion until he lost the title to Spinks. He then regained that title in a rematch the next year. Then he retired only to come back to lose to Holmes and Berbick.

You can only win a championship in the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by GodOfBoxing View Post
          ^ ^ can't see Dempsey beating Joe Frazier. Funny idea
          though!: )
          Can't see anyone taking you seriously. Funny idea, though!

Comment

• I've never cared about this culture of ranking boxers based on emotions, respect, myths and pretty much everything that I believe has nothing to do with ranking the heavyweights.

Most important of all bar none is what great fighters did you beat and in what fashion? Nothing is more important than that. Second comes longevity. Now longevity can make up for the lack of great wins, but not enough. You will see that in my list, some guys with long title reigns who beat almost nobody great are ranked below guys who had short reigns but beat some ATG's/great fighters.

It's also not about fantasy matchups. You can say that they might have had a weak or strong era but you can't rank them based on who you think they would beat from other era's.

1-Ali
            2-Lewis
            3-Holyfield
            4-Foreman
            5-Holmes
            6-Frazier
            7-Louis
            8-Marciano
            9-Liston
            10-Dempsey

I've been set on my top 6 for quite a while now. You can swap some of the others beyond the top 6.

Frazier to me is the most underrated HW. He beat Chuvalo, Machen, Mathis, Bonavena, Ellis, Quarry 2x, Ellis 2x and he has the biggest win in HW history over Ali. The only man he could not beat was an ATG freak of nature who had the worst style for him to deal with.

You know who is the most overrated to me. Yes, longevity, many title defenses. But how many great fighters did he beat? How much he struggled against lower class opponents. Compared to the others it's simply not impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by BKM- View Post
              I've never cared about this culture of ranking boxers based on emotions, respect, myths and pretty much everything that I believe has nothing to do with ranking the heavyweights.

Most important of all bar none is what great fighters did you beat and in what fashion? Nothing is more important than that. Second comes longevity. Now longevity can make up for the lack of great wins, but not enough. You will see that in my list, some guys with long title reigns who beat almost nobody great are ranked below guys who had short reigns but beat some ATG's/great fighters.

It's also not about fantasy matchups. You can say that they might have had a weak or strong era but you can't rank them based on who you think they would beat from other era's.

1-Ali
              2-Lewis
              3-Holyfield
              4-Foreman
              5-Holmes
              6-Frazier
              7-Louis
              8-Marciano
              9-Liston
              10-Dempsey

I've been set on my top 6 for quite a while now. You can swap some of the others beyond the top 6.

Frazier to me is the most underrated HW. He beat Chuvalo, Machen, Mathis, Bonavena, Ellis, Quarry 2x, Ellis 2x and he has the biggest win in HW history over Ali. The only man he could not beat was an ATG freak of nature who had the worst style for him to deal with.

You know who is the most overrated to me. Yes, longevity, many title defenses. But how many great fighters did he beat? How much he struggled against lower class opponents. Compared to the others it's simply not impressive.
              You say it's based on quality of opponents beat, but then you rank Ali, Lewis and Holyfield top 3...

Comment

• This is a good list

Comment

• Originally posted by lylia View Post
                  This is a good list
                  - -This is not...

Comment

• Those that watched both Marciano and Dempsey fight were universal that Dempsey was the far greater fighter.

Frazier’s lack of coordination between his left and right fists and his lack of right hand coordination and power would put him in a huge disadvantage vs ATG fighters. Both Marciano and Dempsey had two fisted ko power and excellence coordination between both fists.

Comment

• Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
                      Those that watched both Marciano and Dempsey fight were universal that Dempsey was the far greater fighter.

Frazier’s lack of coordination between his left and right fists and his lack of right hand coordination and power would put him in a huge disadvantage vs ATG fighters. Both Marciano and Dempsey had two fisted ko power and excellence coordination between both fists.
                      You're ranking them based on mythical matchups which is by far the worst way of ranking ATG's. I would have expected better from you.

Comment

Working...
                      X